Jordan: I could have taken LeBron | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan: I could have taken LeBron

MJ was also surrounded by some amazing talent, Scottie Pippen is a Hall of Famer, Horace Grant was no slouch, Tony Kukoc is one of the most underrated players of all time, Dennis Rodman, etc etc.

MJ NEVER took a team that was as awful as Lebron's 09-10 Cavs to the NBA finals.

MJ won titles with the guys who were around him. He made them all into stars. Lebron chose who he wanted to play with. Really not even comparable.

MJ won titles with the guys who were around him. He made them all into stars. Lebron chose who he wanted to play with. Really not even comparable.

He made Pippen an all star?

At the time of this post, anybody who picks thinks LeBron is better than Jordan is up past there bed time. School day for you young kids.

Alternatively, a lot of people seem to be posting from 1992.

Just look at my avatar! MJ wouldn't be caught dead shwoing this kind of weakness.

Umm the whole eastern conference sucked ass for the forst 6 ir so years Lebron was in the association.

I don't think those Piston teams with Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace, and Wallace "sucked ass". Nor do I think those Celtics teams with KG, Pierce, Allen all pretty much in their primes albeit the end of them "sucked ass" either. Now cue your predictable response of reeling off the good teams Jordan beat because I guess judging by reading this thread only one of them could play against good teams.

Also the lazy argument of Jordan playing where people could hand check doesn't make sense. Go ask 6'8 260 LeBron if he would rather a player could hand check him on the perimeter, or teams could play zone off the ball and have help defense waiting for him on the blocks when he drove. Let's see which one he picks.

They're both unbelievably good players. I'm admittedly a huge Lebron fan but I've always said its impossible to try comparing who's the better player until Lebron has finished. It's crazy to me how so many people just want to look for new ways and reasons to try discrediting LeBron instead of just appreciating how well he plays the game.

I think Melo could beat LeBron 1 on 1. Would never say the same thing about Jordan.

People who didn't see Jordan play in his prime shouldn't be allowed to answer this question. I take Jordan at least 7 out of 10. MJ was quicker than LeBron, a much better defender, and could kill him with that unstoppable pull up. LeBron is a great player, but he is not Michael Jordan.

"A much better defender"? No freaking way.

Jordan could not guard all 5 positions on the court. Jordan is my favorite player of all time, but even I am not going that far. Jordan is better, but absolutely no way he is a better defender.

LeBron destroyed Derrick rose.

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

agreed 100% with this post. I dont think it would be close. Lebron would win 8 out of 10, and the games wouldnt be close.
LeBron is 100% untouchable in a 1-on-1 scene... People just dont understand how good he would really be in a 1-on-1 game . I cannot stand him, but he I have faced the fact that he is unguardable.. Jordan could stay in front of him but then what? 40 pounds of sheer muscle and strength is what LBJ has on him.

Jordan could not guard all 5 positions on the court. Jordan is my favorite player of all time, but even I am not going that far. Jordan is better, but absolutely no way he is a better defender.

Yeah, you could argue that Jordan was better straight up defensively, but Lebron is much more versatile defensively.

LeBron destroyed Derrick rose.

Yeah. This was followed by the finals against Dallas where Lebron didn't play very well, but he completely owned Rose in the series prior. (Averaged 28/8/7 with 2 steals and 2 blocks per game; Rose shot 35% from the field)
And he did follow Tony Parker around a ton in the last 2 games of the finals, though to be fair, Parker was not 100%

Jordan has the crown as the GOAT. Lebron has a chance to wrest it from him, but he needs some more years at this level, and some more titles. I think he is definitely capable of it, but not sure he'll get there.

LeBron is 100% untouchable in a 1-on-1 scene... People just dont understand how good he would really be in a 1-on-1 game . I cannot stand him, but he I have faced the fact that he is unguardable.. Jordan could stay in front of him but then what? 40 pounds of sheer muscle and strength is what LBJ has on him.

But, but, but...MENTAL TOUGHNESS!...THE DECISION!.....ACC POY!...

But, but, but...MENTAL TOUGHNESS!...THE DECISION!.....ACC POY!...

This is a putrid post, you forgot the obvious "Slam Dunk Contest winner".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom