Joseph hurt | Syracusefan.com

Joseph hurt

What a shame. A very talented guy who is haunted by injuries.

His knees have kept him from being the same player he was his sophomore year.

A hyper-extension is nothing and everyone who plays basketball will hyper extend their knee from time to time.

I think his turning point (point of regression) was his concussion. He wasn't the same after that.

I think his turning point (point of regression) was his concussion. He wasn't the same after that.

Agree 100%.

A hyper-extension is nothing and everyone who plays basketball will hyper extend their knee from time to time.

Agree 100%.

Kid just can't seem to stay healthy--it's like he's got the joints of a 38 year old man.

Wasn't his first game after the concussion one of his best performances? After that he fell off, but I thought he went off that initial game after being concussed.

Wasn't his first game after the concussion one of his best performances? After that he fell off, but I thought he went off that initial game after being concussed.

He did, against Villanova [in a home loss]. But I think the point the poster was making above is that after sustaining that concussion, Joesph didn't attack the basket with abandon as he had done up to that point in his career. He became a damn good shooter over his last two years, but I'd say that slashing was his greatest weapon in the arsenal, and he got away from doing that after taking that spill.

He had a great game against Nova after that, true. He missed that damn Pitt game that killed the undefeated season up to that point. He wasn't the same player, though, after that. He was tentative and thus started the 23-feet out dribbling show. He was a great orangeman, all things considered.

He scored 23 in a loss against Villanova in his first game back, but the concussion did (in hindsight) seem to mark the end of Joseph's moving with abandon and playing above the rim (in traffic, at least).

Poor guy; he was a good SU guy and a winner, but I'm going to see that missed dunk/layup against Ohio State in my nightmares for the rest of my SU-watching days. He's always going to be another injury "what if" player. If he'd matured and combined good shooting ability with his 2010-era athleticism, he'd have been a dominant SU wing. As it was, he was still quite good.