Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Joseph

B

Brooky03

Has to shoot 3's. He's killing our offense by not attempting wide open jumpers. Absolutely killing it.

I know there are a lot of other issues with the offense, but he has to shoot and make some jumpers if we're going to have any success going forward. The defender just hangs out 6 feet off of him, cutting off passing lanes and helping more against our other guys.

On another note, the team just looks lax out there today. Clemson came ready to play (idk if this is considered a big game for them or what) but we're getting spanked simply and only because we haven't been able to match their intensity. We all know this isn't incredibly surprising, but I really hope we can keep this game respectable.

Not only doesn't he shoot them, but he'll dribble into traffic and then take a contested shot that has no chance of going in. He really should not be on the court, not even close to ready.

Joseph drives me crazy when he passes up the open the 3, takes 1 dribble in, then takes a contested jumper with his backfoot on the 3 line.

I recall comments by JB early in the year that discouraged him from shooting 3s.

Idk what he's so afraid of. He can't be scared that he'll get benched for putting up a 3. He's much more likely to get benched for driving into an ugly contested shot, or not putting up any stats other than turnovers in 5 minutes of court time. Let it fly and deal with the consequences later if you miss. Who knows, maybe you'll make one of 'em!

I recall comments by JB early in the year that discouraged him from shooting 3s.

If Jim's coaching is the reason he won't shoot open 3's every now and then (I'm not saying he should shoot every time), then Jim is making a mistake in my opinion. I'd say Joseph is 1-dimensional right now, but he's not even that. A made jumper or two would really help him out.

Nobody could convince me that a wide open 3 is such a low percentage shot for him that it justifies him never shooting it.

Needs to learn how to take two dribbles hit a 16 footer.

This too. Or just catch and shoot the 16 footer that the defense also lets him shoot.

Obviously, there's a reason defenses aren't guarding his jumper (just like we do), but I'd say Joseph should take his chances and see if he can't prove the scouting report wrong.

To be fair, Coach Boeheim tells each and every player exactly what shots he is allowed to take. Jim has said in coaching clinics that he benches players for taking shots that he hasn't permitted them to attempt, regardless of whether or not they go in the hoop. Without knowing for sure, it looks like Kaleb has been told that he is not allowed to take the three-pointer. :noidea:

To be fair, Coach Boeheim tells each and every player exactly what shots he is allowed to take. Jim has said in coaching clinics that he benches players for taking shots that he hasn't permitted them to attempt, regardless of whether or not they go in the hoop. Without knowing for sure, it looks like Kaleb has been told that he is not allowed to take the three-pointer. :noidea:

He should tell Gbinije to stop taking left-side layups with his right hand.

He should tell Gbinije to stop taking left-side layups with his right hand.

He should tell the whole team that. Truthfully, though there have been some improvements, the team's fundamentals on both ends of the floor have been underwhelming all season.

Kaleb was awful in the first half. Continually pulls up his dribble behind the 3 pt line and gets forced into a bad pass. Passes up open shots. Doesn't penetrate much and create shots for others. He was much better in the 2nd half. Penetrated and took and made a few foul line jumpers. Needs to do that consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom