Josh Manley Transferring | Syracusefan.com

Josh Manley Transferring

LeMoyneCuse

All American
This was brought up on the recruiting side. According to Twitter, RS Frosh DL Josh Manley is transferring to Charlotte. 49ers, not Panthers.

josh manley ‏@Tru_JaYc337m
Been through a lot these past 2 years happy to find a new home good luck Syracuse can't wait to be a #49er at Charlotte

He was a big win when we got him if I remember correctly. Guess things never panned out for him. Good luck to him.

Also, need DL depth.

I guess that would be one of those "unexpected departures" we needed to be able to take a 23-24 recruit class.

Good luck to him.

Ok Orangeyes I'm doing this backwards, but now we could really use Darrius Liggins next year!! How do we make this happen!

Good luck to the kid. When seen in practice, he never "fit in". I couldn't see how he was going to fit into the rotation at any point down the road.

With that being said, I wish him the best in Charlotte. Real nice kid.

Good luck to Josh Manley. I was pretty excited when we got him and was hoping he'd emerge. Redshirt frosh this year still had plenty of time and opportunity. Welsh only got token minutes as a soph and is now the starter.

Charlotte is 1AA who was only 5-6 at that, so kind a wonder what the story is.

Anyhow, best of luck to him.

Good luck to Josh Manley. I was pretty excited when we got him and was hoping he'd emerge. Redshirt frosh this year still had plenty of time and opportunity. Welsh only got token minutes as a soph and is now the starter.

Probably closer to his native Georgia, plus he can play right away.

Why?

Without injuries or somebody moving inside he would be no better than 7th at the position going into spring. He'd be battling Trejo for a spot on the 3rd unit.

Without injuries or somebody moving inside he would be no better than 7th at the position going into spring. He'd be battling Trejo for a spot on the 3rd unit.
No. He meant other than that.

Good luck to the kid. When seen in practice, he never "fit in". I couldn't see how he was going to fit into the rotation at any point down the road.

With that being said, I wish him the best in Charlotte. Real nice kid.

i was going to post something similar. i actually did about him, and another rFr but caught some grief about it since they were only in their 2nd year. Just didn't seem to fit that speed/quickness the staff has been focusing on.

I wish the kid the best

It was the first year of the football program and they are definitely an up and coming team. There is a lot of football talent around the Charlotte area and they should be able to pull a lot of the 2nd or 3rd tier guys who are still D1 caliber. They will provide some stiff recruiting competition to Wake and App St. for the local guys who aren't the bigtime prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom