JSouth | Syracusefan.com

JSouth

T

tee1222

A lot of us are hurting due to the circumstances, however unclear they may be. I have been a fan of this team for 28+ years, and until recently, things were fairly quiet and drama free.

Please, do yourselves a favor and support the players that are on the court, and try to get past the JSouth issue. If I got fed up enough, I would eventually move onto being passionate about something else, but for now, I still love this team, it's players, the coaching staff and proving doubters wrong. We are an exciting team to watch, there's no denying and we fight for a competitive season every year I can remember.

On a personal note, I had a very sad, hurtful event happen to one of my family members that has me angry and outraged. I think that the majority of us enjoy the team as a form of escapism to some of the daily difficulties we might have. I would like to keep it that way, and I know you might say I'm an Orange Homer, but this board is the best place to be when good vibes are thrown our way.

Now, I know I can't convince all of you, but that's alright. Hopefully, it helps some.

Mods, can you please lock this thread? Goes along with my point of staying positive. :)

Shoot, I forgot to add, I love you guys too!

Nice and straightforward post/sentiment. Agree wholeheartedly. I think we get more upset than seems reasonable sometimes because we do care so much. It goes beyond escapism to passion if not fanaticism.
But we should enjoy and support who we have...as you said.
I am sorry you have had some perspective forced into your life. I hope things work out okay for you and your family!
LGO!

Nice and straightforward post/sentiment. Agree wholeheartedly. I think we get more upset than seems reasonable sometimes because we do care so much. It goes beyond escapism to passion if not fanaticism.
But we should enjoy and support who we have...as you said.
I am sorry you have had some perspective forced into your life. I hope things work out okay for you and your family!
LGO!
Thank you, my friend.

A lot of us are hurting due to the circumstances, however unclear they may be. I have been a fan of this team for 28+ years, and until recently, things were fairly quiet and drama free.

Please, do yourselves a favor and support the players that are on the court, and try to get past the JSouth issue. If I got fed up enough, I would eventually move onto being passionate about something else, but for now, I still love this team, it's players, the coaching staff and proving doubters wrong. We are an exciting team to watch, there's no denying and we fight for a competitive season every year I can remember.

On a personal note, I had a very sad, hurtful event happen to one of my family members that has me angry and outraged. I think that the majority of us enjoy the team as a form of escapism to some of the daily difficulties we might have. I would like to keep it that way, and I know you might say I'm an Orange Homer, but this board is the best place to be when good vibes are thrown our way.

Now, I know I can't convince all of you, but that's alright. Hopefully, it helps some.

Mods, can you please lock this thread? Goes along with my point of staying positive. :)

See my post in "Arrgh!" I am very sorry about your family. When I was 18, I had a very bad thing happen to me and everyone in my small home town judged. I learned a lot from that incident and it actually helped me in the long run. I hope that can be the case for your family member.

See my post in "Arrgh!" I am very sorry about your family. When I was 18, I had a very bad thing happen to me and everyone in my small home town judged. I learned a lot from that incident and it actually helped me in the long run. I hope that can be the case for your family member.
Thank you so much, and I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I am very glad it made you stronger.

What do we learn from this event and the totality of recent academic problems?

We all wear orange glasses but each person has their own tolerance. At some point fan interest could be affected and recruiting might also be affected. Some recruits could care less but others care. We want the latter. We want character players. Who wants to root for a factory team like the shark's UNLV or Kentucky? How comfortable would you be as a recruit if you could not trust your teamates to stay eligible?

South came from Notre Dame prep which is a paper-mill, a fake HS. Tuition was paid to the recruiter rather than the school. Reaching for players at dispreputable basketball diploma mills increases the odds of future problems. The fact that South had inadequate academic background might not have been fatal, but it does increase the odds that such players will have academic problems.

Due to our recent history we should not take risks like this anymore.

The sooner Syracuse stops blaiming the NCAA and starts looking within the better.

I hope everything turns out ok. Good post. It is disapointing but it isn't the end of the world. Just remember....
stuart_smalley.jpg

Thank you so much, and I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I am very glad it made you stronger.
Sounds like somebody is in need of a smokin jay pic. Good post buddy, sorry about the news.

Nice post, tee. Best of luck with your family's strife. I'm going through a serious medical issue in my family, so I could use all the positive vibes I can get as well.
Much love and positive vibes coming your way!

628x471.jpg

Hey T, Life's greatest triumphs are often born on the heels of adversity. I know it is certainly true in my life's experiences. Often with the passage of time even the most egregious events in our lives can be appreciated for their transformative value. Acceptance of hardship opens one up to Grace. All who post on this board share a common kinship and although we can all seem less than serious and at times be adversarial, at the end of the day we are all dealing with reflections of ourselves when we interact with each other on this board.

I'm sending positive intentions your way and I appreciate the candor and honesty of your post. Thank you for making me realize how fortunate I am.

Hey T, Life's greatest triumphs are often born on the heels of adversity. I know it is certainly true in my life's experiences. Often with the passage of time even the most egregious events in our lives can be appreciated for their transformative value. Acceptance of hardship opens one up to Grace. All who post on this board share a common kinship and although we can all seem less than serious and at times be adversarial, at the end of the day we are all dealing with reflections of ourselves when we interact with each other on this board.

I'm sending positive intentions your way and I appreciate the candor and honesty of your post. Thank you for making me realize how fortunate I am.
Thank you my friend. Very well said, and I'm really feeling the love today from my Cuse Kin!
Really made my day :)

Turn Grant loose, let Coleman grow up more quickly & be done with it. Cooney will also benefit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom