Class of 2023 - JUCO DE Quentin Williams (NC/KS) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO DE Quentin Williams (NC/KS) Offered

Offers from UAB, Fayetteville St, EKU, Marshall, FAU, Syracuse

Weird. Looks like Marshall has offered him to come back and his twitter shows he was on the team at Marshall this past Spring,

QUENTIN WILLIAMS 2020 MALLARD CREEK HS, CHARLOTTE, NC - MIAMI FL - MARSHALL - JUCO @ HUTCHINSON CC, HUTCHINSON, KS. HS OFFERS: WVA, CC, EC, LIB, LOU, NC, SYR, VA, VT, WKY, MIA
#8 DE STRONGSIDE 6'3" 234 - 6' 4" 255, GAINED WGT NOW @ 255, "QUICKNESS COMING BACK"
4.8 40, V 34 CURRENT OFFERS PER LEGACY ABOVE

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
FAST&QUICK
STRONG
HITS VERY HARD
USES HANDS VERY WELL TO GET AROUND BLOCKERS
IN B'FLD SACKING QB OR RB QUICKLY

GREAT OFFER

He’s not that heavy. We need someone 285+.
No we don't.

Here is your DE model who played for us and had an outstanding 17 year NFL career.

SU career stats: 6' 07/8" IN, 255,LBS, 321/8"ARM, 10" HAND, 4.40 40, 40" VJ, 28 REPS BP
SU career #'s: 104 TACKLES (68 SOLO), 34QB SACKS, 51 TFL, 43 QBP UNANIMOUS AA

When drafted by Indianapolis at 270 lbs, Freeney was clocked at 4.48 seconds in the 40-yard dash and the same 40 inch vertical jump.

Career highlights and awards

No we don't.

Here is your DE model who played for us and had an outstanding 17 year NFL career.

SU career stats: 6' 07/8" IN, 255,LBS, 321/8"ARM, 10" HAND, 4.40 40, 40" VJ, 28 REPS BP

When drafted by Indianapolis at 270 lbs, Freeney was clocked at 4.48 seconds in the 40-yard dash and the same 40 inch vertical jump.

My counterpoint to this is that Dwight Freeny is a Hall of Fame level player. 99.99999% of guys we will recruit to Cuse aren’t going to be that level of good. The truly elite athletes will make it work at a smaller size. but would it be so bad if we had one guy with serious beef and quicks to go with it?

No we don't.

Dwight was the best DL we have ever had - I'm not sure it's fair to compare anyone to him. He was so freaking awesome, he won games all by himself.

Dwight was the best DL we have ever had - I'm not sure it's fair to compare anyone to him. He was so freaking awesome, he won games all by himself.
Yes. We were very fortunate to have him. And to wish we had another Dwight I agree isn't realistic. I was just comparing physical size and speed to hoopsupstate's post that we need someone 285+, which is why I concentrated on Dwight's stats and skills.

My counterpoint to this is that Dwight Freeny is a Hall of Fame level player. 99.99999% of guys we will recruit to Cuse aren’t going to be that level of good. The truly elite athletes will make it work at a smaller size. but would it be so bad if we had one guy with serious beef and quicks to go with it?
It wouldn’t be bad of course to have a big dude with speed but those guys go to Georgia and Alabama. The chance we have for guys like that is via the portal much more than HS recruiting. Hoping we pick one up this off-season to go with the young dudes we have, young dudes that hopefully put some weight on in the off-season

No we don't.

I . . . uh . . . sir, that's Dwight Freeney. Rocky Marciano was 5'10" . . . . it doesn't mean that the world heavyweight champion will ever be 5'10" again.

I . . . uh . . . sir, that's Dwight Freeney. Rocky Marciano was 5'10" . . . . it doesn't mean that the world heavyweight champion will ever be 5'10" again.
Just about every heavyweight champion has been 5’10

Just about every heavyweight champion has been 5’10
Yeah, and the average height of the men that stormed the beaches of Normady was 5'8. It doesn't mean I'm not short now.

I just did a quick search:
  • Usyk: 6'3"
  • Bryan: 6'4"
  • Fury: 6'9"
  • Joshua: 6'6"
  • Ruiz, Jr.: 6'2"
  • Charr: 6'3"
  • Parker: 6'4"
  • Chagaev: 6'1"
  • Browne: 6'5"
  • Martin: 6'5"

I'm now going to add some historical people to this:
Ali: 6'3"
Klitchko, V: 6'6"
Klitchko, W: 6'6"
Holyfield: 6'2"
Foreman: 6'4"

Not everybody is Iron Mike Tyson. In fact, you have to be pretty damn good to be Tyson.

Edit: Tyson isn't going to box for Syracuse if you catch my drift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom