Class of 2022 - JUCO OL Peyton McKinion (MS / MGCCC) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 JUCO OL Peyton McKinion (MS / MGCCC)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Syracuse has started to show interest in JUCO offensive line prospect Peyton McKinion. McKinion was a class of 2020 prospect out of Brandon High School in Mississippi, but did not sign with a division one program. As a qualifier who went to the junior college level, he is able to sign with a division one program and join their 2021 class. He is listed at 6-foot-7, 310 pounds for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. He holds offers from Illinois State, Nevada, SMU and Washington State. McKinion says he spoke with Director of High School Relations Ryan Bartow a couple of times recently. No offer yet but it is a situation worth monitoring.

High School video

That is a large man. Seems like he blocks with the intention to drive them to the ground.

JUCO OL are so hard to gauge. We had the most luck in recent memory with the Nassau guys and a big part of that was having Coach Anselmo on staff.

Offer and see what happens. They should be casting a wide net.

JUCO OL are so hard to gauge. We had the most luck in recent memory with the Nassau guys and a big part of that was having Coach Anselmo on staff.

Good Andrew Tiller story. There is a fan reception at Manley going into the '08 season. Tomcat and I corner Gerg and discuss recruiting. I ask him where SU stands with Tiller, who is in JUCO at that point.

He gives me a blank stare and says he's never heard of him.

Everyone knows the rest of the story.

Good Andrew Tiller story. There is a fan reception at Manley going into the '08 season. Tomcat and I corner Gerg and discuss recruiting. I ask him where SU stands with Tiller, who is in JUCO at that point.

Now that I think about it DcCuse was there as well. I think I said after he escaped, "what an idiot".

Last edited:

Exactly who I was thinking of, Him and Hay. Hay was good for a dumb penalty every couple of games but overall two of the best JUCO OL in recent memory.

He’s now c/o ‘22. Says he’ll stay at MGCCC for his soph year & sign next December.