Class of 2016 - JUCO OT Charles Baldwin (NY) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO OT Charles Baldwin (NY) Offered

oh uh the sky must be falling with the juco offers.

I see what you did there.

Some big time JUCO lineman avail in our area this year. We should probably just land all of them. This gent is from ASA, same school that gave us Wayne Williams. Let's get it done!

I like his skout profile as well. Has some big time offers all listing as medium interest... except Miami and Va Tech both listed as low interest. Sounds like he'd fit in well @ SU.

I like his skout profile as well. Has some big time offers all listing as medium interest... except Miami and Va Tech both listed as low interest. Sounds like he'd fit in well @ SU.
Both him and the other JUCO OT seem like they would fit in nicely mainly because our current OTs appear to be a major weakness for this team. Thought Foy looked decent at RT last year, not sure he is cut out for LT (though I felt he significantly improved between the previous year and last so maybe he will do the same this year).

Both him and the other JUCO OT seem like they would fit in nicely mainly because our current OTs appear to be a major weakness for this team. Thought Foy looked decent at RT last year, not sure he is cut out for LT (though I felt he significantly improved between the previous year and last so maybe he will do the same this year).

It would give our young OT's some more time to develop and also give us some quality depth. I'm all for it if we can land them. Wish we could have done it last year.

PhatOrange said:

You're getting carried away now. I don't know how many times people need to say it, but I haven't seen 1 person ever say they had an issue going after elite juco's like this. The "under the radar" guys with no other offers are the ones people question.

Ano, think you missed the sarcasm in Phat's post. He's joking that the sky is falling by offering JUCO's, even the elite ones

I know he was being sarcastic.

I know some people don't like going the JUCO route, but I love it when it comes to OL talent. I think you can get a pretty good read on the player after another year or two of JUCO ball so the risk is not that high. Worst case you can generate some solid depth at these high need positions.

The way I see it; we need to win now! Offering these JUCO OL studs is a way to do just that. Without a crew talented 'big uglies' upfront the so-called skilled position commits will not work out. We need to win now!

The way I see it; we need to win now! Offering these JUCO OL studs is a way to do just that. Without a crew talented 'big uglies' upfront the so-called skilled position commits will not work out. We need to win now!
I see us going after a couple of big time JUCO OL as a clear sign that we want to have the line as strong as possible for when RW arrives on campus. Give him the blocking for a big time freshman/sophomore year, and then you'll be able to hopefully roll that success over to future classes, and give the '15 and '16 OL time to mature and gain experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom