JUCO route for defense to close out class? | Syracusefan.com

JUCO route for defense to close out class?

Cusefan69

All American
Based on fishes/loaves thread we have 20 commits, 23 schollies but some sentiments that through some attrit we could have a few more slots open. It seems like we have checked some offense position boxes at this point. (13 of 20 look to be offense). Does HCDB look at how the year ended and emphasize looking to add some JUCO defense pieces to fill out a good portion of the class or does HCDB tweak who has committable offers? Takes best available?

Last edited:
Just my guess I think the emphasis right now will be to solidify the kids that have already committed plus get any other HS prospects they are still recruiting to commit.
There are a few JUCOs that have been offered but unless they are a December grad or have already qualified I think they hold off until after NLI. Maybe the same with a fifth year transfer also.

Why does the number 27 come to mind...I recall Babers throwing a number out there.

And all this talk about attrition... because of injuries and lack of depth players that might never have seen the field played. The depth isn't that great that the coaches can chase off a lot of players. It is going to take awhile for these coaches to recruit the players they want and to build up depth. Probably several recruiting classes.

Why does the number 27 come to mind...I recall Babers throwing a number out there.
Babers said 25 to 27 recruits in 2017 at the coaches show and explained that he can reclassify some of them to the 2016 class.

Last edited: