Judah Mintz: Sixers Summer League | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz: Sixers Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Inquiring Mind: The OttoinGrotto Story
I will see you in Hell: The OttoinGrotto Story. With special guest the Church lady
Colin Jost Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

And narrated by:

Morgan Freeman GIF

The negativity on here about Judah is mental. Could he have been a better PG and worked harder to develop his passing and decision making skills? Yes. Should he have listened to the coaches more and had a better attitude last season? Absolutely. But without him, we wouldn’t have won 10 @$:$#% games. JB said it best: Judah is a good kid but also a difficult player to coach. But that’s not a reason for people to spout so much vitriol towards him.
Good points, but depends on the vantage points.

You are saying how many games the team would have won with vs without Judah last year. No problem with that.

Many others are saying how many more wins could have been achieved if we had a coachable team oriented Judah vs a stat seeking foul hunting that looked for teammates only after he got nowhere to go with 4 seconds left on the shot clock Judah. The expectation was he would evolve in year 2 after the combine with the feedback but that didn't happen.

I got the sense many were disappointed, but not hate.

Good points, but depends on the vantage points.

You are saying how many games the team would have won with vs without Judah last year. No problem with that.

Many others are saying how many more wins could have been achieved if we had a coachable team oriented Judah vs a stat seeking foul hunting that looked for teammates only after he got nowhere to go with 4 seconds left on the shot clock Judah. The expectation was he would evolve in year 2 after the combine with the feedback but that didn't happen.

I got the sense many were disappointed, but not hate.
Exactly, and I don’t understand how that’s not obvious to everyone.

This is my last Judah post. Good luck to him wherever he lands

Exactly, and I don’t understand how that’s not obvious to everyone.

This is my last Judah post. Good luck to him wherever he lands
I'm not convinced we've seen the last of this antics.

Interesting that people keep saying that a guy who barely shoots 30% from 3 can’t make it in the NBA draft. But everyone agrees that Castle from UConn is a lottery lock. His 3 point %? 26.7. Not saying Mintz is Castle, just find the shiftingarg funny.

Interesting that people keep saying that a guy who barely shoots 30% from 3 can’t make it in the NBA draft. But everyone agrees that Castle from UConn is a lottery lock. His 3 point %? 26.7. Not saying Mintz is Castle, just find the shiftingarg funny.
I started a thread earlier this year about Castle. He's a great talent but his stats are terrible. Will he be a better pro than Andre Jackson. Another guy who can't shoot but has some other skills.

One is 6'7" and is being drafted for his defense. The other is not (though I honestly did not realize Mintz measured at over 6'4" in shoes). Mintz does have T-Rex arms though which doesn't help.

I'm relatively low on Castle due to the offensive issues though (and tend to think his defense is a little overrated much like Andre Jackson was). Still have him #10 on my board though.

One is 6'7" and is being drafted for his defense. The other is not (though I honestly did not realize Mintz measured at over 6'4" in shoes). Mintz does have T-Rex arms though which doesn't help.

I'm relatively low on Castle due to the offensive issues though (and tend to think his defense is a little overrated much like Andre Jackson was). Still have him #10 on my board though.
Biggest difference between him and Jackson is one was a 2nd round pick and one is projected lottery. Hopefully, my team, who does have the 10th pick, looks for other options. Nothing against Castle, who does have a lot of skills, but I don't see him ever being productive enough to be an All-star or a top three player on a team.

Biggest difference between him and Jackson is one was a 2nd round pick and one is projected lottery. Hopefully, my team, who does have the 10th pick, looks for other options. Nothing against Castle, who does have a lot of skills, but I don't see him ever being productive enough to be an All-star or a top three player on a team.
It seems like Castle will be off the board by #10 anyways but we'll see. Maybe all the media people are wrong about his draft stock.

Castle and Reed Sheppard are benefitting from a bad draft. I actually wouldn't trust any of the expected lottery guys but Clingan.

Judah is in the worst draft class in recent memory and getting few sniffs.
Returning to Syracuse killed his stock he made a bad decision not transferring last summer. Cuse cheap'd out and let his proven Senior center leave and he meshed less with JJ than he did with Girard.

He is still in line to get a 2 way deal. With how bad a draft this is he could have played his way into a top 10 pick if he chose a different team to play for last year.

Returning to Syracuse killed his stock he made a bad decision not transferring last summer. Cuse cheap'd out and let his proven Senior center leave and he meshed less with JJ than he did with Girard.

He is still in line to get a 2 way deal. With how bad a draft this is he could have played his way into a top 10 pick if he chose a different team to play for last year.
That's insane. You cannot be a lottery pick as a six four guard who can't shoot from the outside and plays ok defense.
I wouldn't even bother with the Jesse nonsense you are spouting.

What killed his stock is plugging his ears to the feedback he received when he tried out for the nba. During the nba scrimmages, he prioritized being a playmaker and taking good shots. However, when he came back to college, he went back to hero ball. The other thing that killed his stock was poor 3pt shooting. It also didn't help that he played crap defense because he went for steals or decided to complain to the refs instead of getting back.

What killed his stock is plugging his ears to the feedback he received when he tried out for the nba. During the nba scrimmages, he prioritized being a playmaker and taking good shots. However, when he came back to college, he went back to hero ball. The other thing that killed his stock was poor 3pt shooting. It also didn't help that he played crap defense because he went for steals or decided to complain to the refs instead of getting back.
I agree 100% and was very disappointed that he didn't focus on being a distributor and better defender. I see Judah as a lesser version of Allonzo Trier who got a shot with the Knicks but was out of the league in no time due to being selfish offensively and having no clue on defense.

One of the things that really frustrated me with Judah is that I believe he had the talent and ability to do a lot more than he did. Had he been committed to being more of a playmaker (like when he was trying out for the nba before coming back last season) I think he could have been a lot more effective in that role. I also think he could have been a really good defender, if he had the right mindset. He didn't really have to hit the 3 at a higher rate to elevate his game and others around him more. Judah oozes talent, it just wasn't always focused in the right direction.
Was just going to say that. He had games where he determined to be a playmaker and was fantastic at it. Then that skill would seemingly vaporize. That said, perhaps we needed him to score. That’s very very possible, and if that is the case, it would be very hard to criticize him as much as we do.
We did win 20 games which is more than I thought we would.

Was just going to say that. He had games where he determined to be a playmaker and was fantastic at it. Then that skill would seemingly vaporize. That said, perhaps we needed him to score. That’s very very possible, and if that is the case, it would be very hard to criticize him as much as we do.
We did win 20 games which is more than I thought we would.
In both his years when he played like a point guard he was awesome, when he freestyled he was awful and so was the team. Such a weird mentality, I think everyone could see it except Judah and his family.

In both his years when he played like a point guard he was awesome, when he freestyled he was awful and so was the team. Such a weird mentality, I think everyone could see it except Judah and his family.
As I recall, he had a few games of something like 12 assists and he looked like Sherman Douglas. And I thought the lightbulb went on. But no.

As I recall, he had a few games of something like 12 assists and he looked like Sherman Douglas. And I thought the lightbulb went on. But no.
I thought so too. He rattled a couple off in a row late in his freshman year, when he reverted back I realized he may not "get it" . We all saw what he was capable of.

Just for my peace of mind.....you have absolutely no roll in decision making for any Syracuse University sport...right?

Just for my peace of mind...you have absolutely no roll in decision making for any Syracuse University sport...right?
No I’m just not happy to see Mintz getting more straight up hatred than any player I can remember. He could have portaled elsewhere but didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom