Judah gives JG3 some much needed relief | Syracusefan.com

Judah gives JG3 some much needed relief

Cstate

Scout Team
Finally, entering his 4th year in the program, JG3 can move/play more at his natural position! This HAS to be a major relief for him, knowing that he doesn’t have to be someone he isn’t (no fault of his own). He gave it his absolute best, which is why I always found it crazy how the fans treated him, but nonetheless he can get back to being the JG3 that some of us saw in High School and against Duke in the ACC tourney. And I’m excited for that, as I know he is. Fresher legs all season “should” equate to even greater shooting percentages than last year. Judah’s defender won’t be able to sag off of him like they would Symir, because he has proven to be a reliable shooter as well as ball handler/slasher.

Joe needs Cole too. On the break Cole fills the left wing while Joe fills the right. Defense will have to choose whether they want to take their chances vs Judah driving or two deadly shooters on the wing. Add Benny to the mix and we could be really difficult to defend on the break.

Finally, entering his 4th year in the program, JG3 can move/play more at his natural position! This HAS to be a major relief for him, knowing that he doesn’t have to be someone he isn’t (no fault of his own). He gave it his absolute best, which is why I always found it crazy how the fans treated him, but nonetheless he can get back to being the JG3 that some of us saw in High School and against Duke in the ACC tourney. And I’m excited for that, as I know he is. Fresher legs all season “should” equate to even greater shooting percentages than last year. Judah’s defender won’t be able to sag off of him like they would Symir, because he has proven to be a reliable shooter as well as ball handler/slasher.
I appreciate your optimism about the guards in this thread and another (good feeling for a change, innit?), but having expectations about shooting percentages is probably never a good idea. Stats show frequent declines up to graduation for all kinds of reasons.

But that doesn't bother me. Still, without buddy, Joe may draw the opposition's premier defender(s) more, which might require him to fly all over the court in Tasmanian Devil/Trevor Cooney fashion. Combine that with Joe's penchant for, well, shall we say, independent thinking, and #'s retreat to a conservative 35%.

Bring it on, though. Everyone knows Dude's gonna hit a crucial 29-footer once or twice, that will be simultaneously ballsy, stupid and heroic. And even Coach B doesn't chew people out for those, heh.

I appreciate your optimism about the guards in this thread and another (good feeling for a change, innit?), but having expectations about shooting percentages is probably never a good idea. Stats show frequent declines up to graduation for all kinds of reasons.

But that doesn't bother me. Still, without buddy, Joe may draw the opposition's premier defender(s) more, which might require him to fly all over the court in Tasmanian Devil/Trevor Cooney fashion. Combine that with Joe's penchant for, well, shall we say, independent thinking, and #'s retreat to a conservative 35%.

Bring it on, though. Everyone knows Dude's gonna hit a crucial 29-footer once or twice, that will be simultaneously ballsy, stupid and heroic. And even Coach B doesn't chew people out for those, heh.
I wonder how how schools with “shorter” point guards will end up defending us with Judah at the point and JG3 at the two guard? I understand the premier defender statement, but when we play say Virginia or Duke, I can’t see Kiahi Clark or Jeremy Roach defending Judah. That would be a total mismatch in our favor. Against teams with smaller point guards I can see Judah getting the other teams premier defending assignments, opening up things even more for JG3 (and potentially Cole if he comes back).

well I always felt that he just shouldnt be the man but that he has good qualities and can be a contributor...cheering for a player in a role that doesnt suit him is hard...it all coudlve been avoided...which makes it worse.

he does play all out and try his best - hopefully you are right - I think he has a good shot at having his best year next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom