Judah Mintz | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz

So he has a deal with Reebok but he has to wear Nike shoes until he’s done with college?
Reebok doesn’t have a basketball department but I think its only a social media post type of deal. They’ve done ton of these social media post deals before and not an actual endorsement. Quadir had one of these deals last year

Judah’s got a lot, a lot of offers for NIL. Hooking him up wasn’t the issue from what I understand. Kids going to earn a big big bag.

Judah and JJ have a chance to become national household names this year.

I'm hoping our style of play becomes must see TV and we pack the Dome.
I'm really excited to see two guys who are really good dribbling off screens playing together.

Mintz and Starling are going to get a lot of penetration into the lane. It might be very frustrating for defenses.

That, and the ability to move fast from defense to transition is going to be a hallmark of the team, just based on guard personnel alone.

I'm really excited to see two guys who are really good dribbling off screens playing together.

Mintz and Starling are going to get a lot of penetration into the lane. It might be very frustrating for defenses.

That, and the ability to move fast from defense to transition is going to be a hallmark of the team, just based on guard personnel alone.

I hope we've got guys who can set good ones.

With Westry on the court at the same time you then have 3.

With this talent level there shouldn't be a need to get cute and overly complex on running offensive sets. Have your bread and butter sets for under the basket, side outs and end of game/half situations. Then have your sets based on the personnel you are running. Maximize the talent and size combinations paired with being aggressive on the boards. There are certainly good sets JB has run over the years that could be re deployed as they are simply good basketball.

Of course then comes being aggressive on defense and running off everything. Forced shots from the perimeter shouldn't be a thing this year very often. Putting pressure on teams to close off the paint and then making them pay on the kickout, lob and midrange.

Last edited:

Still gotta rebound. I wonder if Red will bring the out let pass back to SU big men?

I don’t think college basketball players are household names anymore. My mother won’t know them unless they are on Fox News.
True. Closest was probably Zion.

A part of this is how quickly ESPN deteriorated into unwatchable TV after like 2008

I hope we've got guys who can set good ones.
Good point. I think Williams is big enough to set a decent screen, and also a good recipient on the pick and pop. Since he is pretty accurate on open threes, they will be hesitant to hedge with his defender, thus preventing a defensive double team, a situation I'll call the Chukwu Problem.

McLeod might also be a solution. Although he can't shoot, he is a good receiver of lobs and definitely can dunk it, even in traffic.

But the thing I want to see is a version of the weave, where the guards are setting screens for each other, thus creating a little chaos in the defense that is easy to exploit.

Two guys who are very good getting to the rim setting screens for each other, with two good shooters spreading the defense from their favorite spots, and a tall guy who can dunk off the dish. Its like a dream come true. Mintz, Starling, Bell, Williams and Mcleod in this particular lineup. Depending on shooting, Westry and Copeland can do the Mintz/Starling role, and Taylor can switch out for Bell/Williams.

We'll have to do different things when we are playing Westry/Copeland with Mintz and Starling, or when Brown is in for Williams.

So many things can be done with this team on offense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom