Julian Whigham healthy... | Syracusefan.com

Julian Whigham healthy...

CuseLegacy

Dwyer’s Julian Whigham, a Syracuse signee, was there watching his school. He played safety in high school, but says he’ll play corner at ‘Cuse. “I’m a little nervous,” he said. “I’ve just got to do a few more cornerback drills in my workouts. I’ll be good.” He leaves next week. Of note, the 6-1 Whigham is up to 185, which is a victory for him. Before last year his weight dropped as low as 170, when he developed achalasia, a digestive system disorder. Whigham explains it as: “the muscle between the esophagus and the stomach kinda quit on me.” Healthy now, though. (From Heath Evans 7 v 7)

Dwyer’s Julian Whigham, a Syracuse signee, was there watching his school. He played safety in high school, but says he’ll play corner at ‘Cuse. “I’m a little nervous,” he said. “I’ve just got to do a few more cornerback drills in my workouts. I’ll be good.” He leaves next week. Of note, the 6-1 Whigham is up to 185, which is a victory for him. Before last year his weight dropped as low as 170, when he developed achalasia, a digestive system disorder. Whigham explains it as: “the muscle between the esophagus and the stomach kinda quit on me.” Healthy now, though. (From Heath Evans 7 v 7)

I think Julian is going to be a real good player down the road. Kid just looks fluid, has those long arms and a knack for the football. We were able to take the kid out of Miami's back yard and fend off their late push when they offered him.

With the safeties and cb's we've added over the last two recruiting seasons the secondary looks like it could end up being a huge strength in a couple of years.

With the safeties and cb's we've added over the last two recruiting seasons the secondary looks like it could end up being a huge strength in a couple of years.

Especially if Donnie Henderson sticks around. It sounds and looks like his coaching has already made a big impact on the secondary.

Especially if Donnie Henderson sticks around. It sounds and looks like his coaching has already made a big impact on the secondary.

Absolutely Henderson is going to be a huge addition to the staff.

The defensive line seems to be coming together on the same timeline as the secondary. If both of these units are strengths at the same time (after this season) then it's going to be a hell of a defense. Really hoping we can add 2/3 stud linebackers (and two more DE's) in this class and then focus on the offense.

Absolutely Henderson is going to be a huge addition to the staff.

The defensive line seems to be coming together on the same timeline as the secondary. If both of these units are strengths at the same time (after this season) then it's going to be a hell of a defense. Really hoping we can add 2/3 stud linebackers (and two more DE's) in this class and then focus on the offense.

Since u mentioned LBs...

I think Hodge is going to be this years version of Cam Lynch...ignored by the big boys because he is an inch or two short... He was a top performer at a 7v7 camp in Florida on Saturday and was called a steal by one of the recruiting analysts.