Jurgen Klinsman (US Soccer) | Syracusefan.com

Jurgen Klinsman (US Soccer)

LPOrange

2nd String
So FIFA said that we would know within 24 to 48 hours if Klinsman would be suspended for Sunday's Gold Cup Final. Still no word

Managers can't be red carded, they can only be sent off by the referee and any suspension would be make by a FIFA committee based on the ref's post-match report.

Klinsman said he slammed the ball down on the ground after Beasley was fouled (twice) in front of the US bench. Doesn't seem like it was for anything he said because the ref ejected him so quickly. Does anyone recalled what, if any, disciplinary action Mexico's coach Javier Aguirre got after kicking a Panama player back in 2009?
Stay classy, Mexico

Aguirre was suspended three CONCACAF matches and the Mexican Federation was fined ~25k.
Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/12/mexico-javier-aguirre-panama

Didn't see Klinsmann's reaction but if it was only as you said, I would expect only a fine to the Federation. At the worst, one match suspension, and a fine, which would be crucial :(

Not sure it would be a big deal, be would still get to set the starting 11 and you only get three subs, not like he couldn't either relay what he wanted somehow or leave specific instructions on what yo do in certain situatiins

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I saw the suspension was handed down late last nite for slamming the ball in a "violent" manner.

Not sure it would be a big deal, be would still get to set the starting 11 and you only get three subs, not like he couldn't either relay what he wanted somehow or leave specific instructions on what yo do in certain situatiins

Tough to do since the game is so fluid. It would be like trying to give instructions before a chess match. What happens when your opponent deviates from their status quo?

Tough to do since the game is so fluid. It would be like trying to give instructions before a chess match. What happens when your opponent deviates from their status quo?

If panama deviates from their status quo should be easy, because we should bury them. It shouldn't be hard for assistants to make calls on the substitutes seeing how most fans and analysts know what the right moves are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom