Just a couple thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Just a couple thoughts

Actionthrill

Walk On
I feel both sides of this argument going on have valid points. Did Boheim cost us a chance at another miracle? Without a doubt. Would I have liked to see what happened if he didn't explode? Definitely. But after the call was made and Boheim went crazy I just wasn't as mad as I normally would have been. It's funny, when we were down 6 with 2 or 3 minutes left in the game I was on the phone with a friend of mine. He asked me what I thought and I told him you can never count out this Syracuse team until there are 0.00s on the clock. But I didn't think the refs would let us get out of there with a win. That's probably why I'm not mad at what Boheim did. I have seen this happen way too often with Duke. They were going to get all the close calls, especially after we beat them here at home. I see a lot of people giving Duke credit for playing tough defense. I want to know what happened to the hand checking rule. I feel a huge part of both Ennis and Cooneys problem in this game is that the refs let Duke hand check like crazy and none of it was called. But anything we did against them was a foul. In my opinion, and it's only an opinion, Boheim doesn't explode like that over 1 call. I think it was frustration over a bunch of calls Duke got away with. And I'm fine with that. We lost a tough game but I think the bottom line to this whole thing is our coach has our back. And if that helps this team going forward then I'm completely OK with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom