Just a Thought | Syracusefan.com

Just a Thought

Cooper05

Walk On
I don’t post much, but I think everyone knows I’m a die hard SU fan. More basketball than Football or Lacrosse but live and die Syracuse sports!

My first thing to say is...are we on the cusp as Syracuse fans of great things? I personally think the hoops team is going to surprise other ppl but not me. I told my son last year if we can just get everyone back, this year will be special! The tournament proved it and when I told him Tyus was back his eyes lite up!

We finally have a football coach for now and the future! He knows what he’s doing! He’s the type of coach that has assistants move on to bigger things but it stays the same here because of him. Exciting time for football!

So the real reason I’m posting is seeing this picture of JAB, Red, and Pitino at Varsity. Is it possible that JAB see’s that he’s only here a few more years. Rick isn’t coaching, they are old friends and JAB has his back and he says hey Rick I have all my people coming back can you help me run 9-10 deep with the press? You don’t have to be on the sidelines just help behind the closed door? I personally would be all about this! You know JAB wants to go out on top, he wants another NC! I would applaud him reaching out to get help. I personally think slick Rick is a slime ball, but go ORANGE!! Just curious what everyone else thinks!

I don’t post much, but I think everyone knows I’m a die hard SU fan. More basketball than Football or Lacrosse but live and die Syracuse sports!

My first thing to say is...are we on the cusp as Syracuse fans of great things? I personally think the hoops team is going to surprise other ppl but not me. I told my son last year if we can just get everyone back, this year will be special! The tournament proved it and when I told him Tyus was back his eyes lite up!

We finally have a football coach for now and the future! He knows what he’s doing! He’s the type of coach that has assistants move on to bigger things but it stays the same here because of him. Exciting time for football!

So the real reason I’m posting is seeing this picture of JAB, Red, and Pitino at Varsity. Is it possible that JAB see’s that he’s only here a few more years. Rick isn’t coaching, they are old friends and JAB has his back and he says hey Rick I have all my people coming back can you help me run 9-10 deep with the press? You don’t have to be on the sidelines just help behind the closed door? I personally would be all about this! You know JAB wants to go out on top, he wants another NC! I would applaud him reaching out to get help. I personally think slick Rick is a slime ball, but go ORANGE!! Just curious what everyone else thinks!
Very, very, doubtful. I think it's more that Rick has nothing to do right now.

The problem with the press isn't that Boeheim doesn't know how to coach it, the problem is we don't recruit for it. Plus with as good defensively as we were last year (arguably the best defensive team I've ever seen) I don't know why you'd want to make major changes. Every defense works so long as you have the athletes required and play it well, but in my opinion the press is the worst defense with the least predictable outcomes.

I love your hopeful enthusiasm, but I believe Pitino would be radioactive if he were associated with our team.

I agree that we perhaps have turned the corner with our new football coach and are heading down the runway full throttle with our old basketball coach. A good time to be Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom