Just a thought | Syracusefan.com

Just a thought

Cusester

Starter
I wonder if Cody Catalina finds a spot on HCSS's staff. TE/recruiting coordinator is a possibility. No idea what's involved with being a good recruiting coordinator but I believe Cody could become an excellent recruiter.

I would think that he would need to work his way up maybe take a coaching job at a smaller school or FCS school first.

I can definitely see him as the TE coach and maybe doing something else. The staff respected him a lot.

I could see him as TE/Asst QB Coach. STs is another area he could do well at.

If we overpay for a name OC...we could save some money by paying Cody a little under market for a couple seasons as he gets experience. Give him WPA and CPA as his recruiting territory. He knows the staff, the players and terminology...I would be shocked if he doesn't get hired.

I have another question: Bob Brotski...he is Marrone's guy. Do you see him shuffling off to Buffalo to work behind the scenes? I always thought of him as a bonus coach since he was a pretty damned good OL at the Cuse and coached 2-3 years at Robert Morris.

I could see him as TE/Asst QB Coach. STs is another area he could do well at.

If we overpay for a name OC...we could save some money by paying Cody a little under market for a couple seasons as he gets experience. Give him WPA and CPA as his recruiting territory. He knows the staff, the players and terminology...I would be shocked if he doesn't get hired.

I have another question: Bob Brotski...he is Marrone's guy. Do you see him shuffling off to Buffalo to work behind the scenes? I always thought of him as a bonus coach since he was a pretty damned good OL at the Cuse and coached 2-3 years at Robert Morris.

I can see both Brotski and Vanderzee leaving. Both Marrone friends.

I can see both Brotski and Vanderzee leaving. Both Marrone friends.

Brotski better not leave.

I was planning on JD having his kid at QB for 3 more years.

I wonder if Cody Catalina finds a spot on HCSS's staff. TE/recruiting coordinator is a possibility. No idea what's involved with being a good recruiting coordinator but I believe Cody could become an excellent recruiter.

My guess he ends up in Buffalo.

My guess he ends up in Buffalo.

Offensive quality control.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Offensive quality control.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

During the last few years, Quality Control at the Buffalo Bills must have been the best job in the world. What could you possibly have had to control? Sounds like a nice gig.

During the last few years, Quality Control at the Buffalo Bills must have been the best job in the world. What could you possibly have had to control? Sounds like a nice gig.

I just picture a guy in the booth going..."Check...check, ok let's hear that call one more time...check."

I'd love to have Cody stay here but whatever he decides to do I'll be rooting for the kid.