Just amazing | Syracusefan.com

Just amazing

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
watching other college games how other teams make open 3's. It seems so shocking after watching our games.

We are bound to have a game where it seems we cant miss a 3, right? Maybe? Hopefully? Odds are with us.

Not to say its a good thing but we had 5 guys attempt atleast three three pointers last game, and I know mccullough and roberson could attempt 1-2 a game as well.

Just comparing to past Syracuse teams, no way we even come near 7 guys who could shoot a three pointer, and we go 8 deep. Most teams had 4 and rarely a 5th. Food for thought.

orangefan13 said:
Not to say its a good thing but we had 5 guys attempt atleast three three pointers last game, and I know mccullough and roberson could attempt 1-2 a game as well. Just comparing to past Syracuse teams, no way we even come near 7 guys who could shoot a three pointer, and we go 8 deep. Most teams had 4 and rarely a 5th. Food for thought.

The food for thought should be that 5 guys shouldn't be taking that many when your team is ranked second to last in the whole country from out there. Give Roberson a few shots from out there a game and we're probably dead last. I can see the other guys taking them but Roberson shouldn't even attempt one all year from out there.

The food for thought should be that 5 guys shouldn't be taking that many when your team is ranked second to last in the whole country from out there. Give Roberson a few shots from out there a game and we're probably dead last. I can see the other guys taking them but Roberson shouldn't even attempt one all year from out there.

Why? Roberson made one earlier this year and seems to have a good stroke.

Frankly, McCullough, Roberson, BJ, Patterson, Gbinije, and Cooney all [on paper] should be able to shoot. That we are this abysmal, and given the cascade effect our inablity to shoot has had on the offense as a whole, is collectively quite shocking.

Not to say its a good thing but we had 5 guys attempt atleast three three pointers last game, and I know mccullough and roberson could attempt 1-2 a game as well.

Just comparing to past Syracuse teams, no way we even come near 7 guys who could shoot a three pointer, and we go 8 deep. Most teams had 4 and rarely a 5th. Food for thought.
This is the worst silver lining ever.

RF2044 said:
Why? Roberson made one earlier this year and seems to have a good stroke. Frankly, McCullough, Roberson, BJ, Patterson, Gbinije, and Cooney all [on paper] should be able to shoot. That we are this abysmal, and given the cascade effect our inablity to shoot has had on the offense as a whole, is collectively quite shocking.

Unfortunately having a good stroke alone doesn't equal success from downtown.

Well, I think it's time to throw away that paper and start a new one.

The funny part is some team (most likely an ACC team) is going to run into a buzz saw the one or two games when those guys are all shooting lights out and the next game there back to 15%. At least we wont be on the other end of that for a change.

Unfortunately having a good stroke alone doesn't equal success from downtown.

Well, I think it's time to throw away that paper and start a new one.

The whole team isn't shooting well. Something is off.

The whole team isn't shooting well. Something is off.

I wonder if someone is messing with their shooting mechanics (and not doing a very good job of it).

The difference between a great and terrible hitting instructor in MLB is pretty small, but can have big impacts on the field.

watching other college games how other teams make open 3's. It seems so shocking after watching our games.

Agree. If we are still this bad at 3's come January, we will win few conference games. NIT selection should probably be our highest expectation this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom