Just don't see the progress that you would expect | Syracusefan.com

Just don't see the progress that you would expect

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
After year 3. I don't think there is any disputing that.. Very disappointing to say the least. We need help everywhere, coaching, scheme, recruiting and Doug will not get us there

After year 3. I don't think there is any disputing that.. Very disappointing to say the least. We need help everywhere, coaching, scheme, recruiting and Doug will not get us there
You have a point when you consider who played this year that is coming back next year. But you have to hope the off season S&C will have an impact next year. There has been growth in that area in the last 2 years imo.

now people are letting scores get in the way of play .. last year we got better scores with less good play.

rut/uconn/pitt were all game we lost that we actually played pretty well and could easily have won down the stretch.

now people are letting scores get in the way of play .. last year we got better scores with less good play.

rut/uconn/pitt were all game we lost that we actually played pretty well and could easily have won down the stretch.

I think you're half right. I don't think we played particularly well in any of those games, but we certainly could have won any of them. To me that says more about how bad the Big East was this year.

You must have been the leader of the Sack Mac Pack.

We do need to make a whole lot of changes this offseason - but the idea that we were going to show progress every year with no bumps along the way was unrealistic. It's fair to have concerns - it's insane to have thrown in the towel on Marrone afterr year 3.

A team should improve throughout the year shouldn't it? Did anyone see any improvement as the year went on with this team?

A team should improve throughout the year shouldn't it? Did anyone see any improvement as the year went on with this team?

I saw Texas at the start of 2010, and at the end of 2010 - it was a team that regressed badly. I realize Mack Brown has a track record that allows him somewhat of a free pass on last season - but it's not all that unusual for a team to get worse throughout the year. But it's certainly not a reason to throw in the towel on a guy in year 3 of a major rebuilding project - after getting to a bowl the year before.

factor in that we played many of these teams who beat us without their star players. we basically got thumped by scrubs,

People tend to forget that we lost 30 players when Doug came aboard. Good or not, they would be the upper class players on this year's team. 55 of 80 are freshman and sophmores. That's a good reason why this team was so inconsistent.

After year 3. I don't think there is any disputing that.. Very disappointing to say the least. We need help everywhere, coaching, scheme, recruiting and Doug will not get us there[/quote

Your posts can't be taken seriously if they are accompanied by that fat,stupid pirate picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom