Just had a scary thought | Syracusefan.com

Just had a scary thought

DonLightfoot

All Conference
If College Game Day does not come to the dome for the Duke game then we will likely end up with Dickie V. on the broadcast (being that Duke is playing). I would gladly mute the TV and listen on radio, but the radio broadcast is about 20-30 seconds behind.

Note to players - just keep winning so this game will have some actual relevance so ESPN can make a good decision. I do not believe the crowd alone will be enough to bring them here.

I listened to the previous duke game muted after they started out behind 12 points. Try that!

I listened to the previous duke game muted after they started out behind 12 points. Try that!

Yeah, it's silly but sometimes i'll mute big road games at stressful junctures. I cant stand hearing the opposing crowds going crazy.

If College Game Day does not come to the dome for the Duke game then we will likely end up with Dickie V. on the broadcast (being that Duke is playing). I would gladly mute the TV and listen on radio, but the radio broadcast is about 20-30 seconds behind.

Note to players - just keep winning so this game will have some actual relevance so ESPN can make a good decision. I do not believe the crowd alone will be enough to bring them here.

I feel like Vitale has sort of switched trains. He is fully on the Kentucky jock now and not as much Duke from what I have seen. Not that he wouldn't pump Duke, but given a choice he will go UK. He's the ultimate front runner of the world and he's also about 2 years behind - hence the UK over Duke current scenario.

Another poster said there is an app that lets you sync the radio broadcast to the tv broadcast so you can try that. I like Dickie but his voice is a bit drowned out by the arena noise these days so it’s easier to tune him out if needed.

Dickie V takes a lot of crap for his announcing style, but the guy absolutely bleeds college basketball and is a great ambassador for the sport. He has never been one of my favorites and like others here, I occasionally mute the sound when he's doing a game, but I have a lot of respect for how he represents the game. He's great at being a homer for a lot of teams, not just Duke.

Dickie V takes a lot of crap for his announcing style, but the guy absolutely bleeds college basketball and is a great ambassador for the sport. He has never been one of my favorites and like others here, I occasionally mute the sound when he's doing a game, but I have a lot of respect for how he represents the game. He's great at being a homer for a lot of teams, not just Duke.

And I'm almost positive that Vitale was the very first person to call for SU to name the court after Boeheim.

And I'm almost positive that Vitale was the very first person to call for SU to name the court after Boeheim.

I think he did so after the plan was already in motion. cto would know more about it.

I think he did so after the plan was already in motion. cto would know more about it.

In that 2000 Big Monday game vs UConn Vitale was talking about it and the court wasn’t dedicated until two years later. It’s possible SU had been planning it for over two years, I’m not sure.

i don't doubt dickie's enthusiasm . or his charity work. it's just that every game he calls he picks out one small topic and hammers it ad nauseam. and too often it has nothing to do with the game in front of him. cameron crazies can keep him .

Last edited:
i don't doubt dickie's enthusiasm . or his charity work. it's just that every game he calls he picks out one small topic and hammers it ad nauseam. and too often it has nothing to do with the game in front of him. cameron crazies can have him .

Funny though when Walton does it , it’s somehow characterized as ‘endearing and entertaining’ by so many.

I'll gladly pay to see and hear Vitale if he decides to have what Walton is having.

walton doesn't call our games. he's all in for the "conference of champions"
phil rizzuto used to wander off script and as a fan i found it "endearing".
they are both open homers. (like our own coach mac used to be)
with dicky v i flip sap default to spanish and listen to ricardo diablo de azul

Last edited: