Just moved to Richmond... | Syracusefan.com

Just moved to Richmond...

Entropic

All Conference
Anyone know of any Syracuse friendly bars in the area for catching some Cuse games?

Not sure but I love downtown Richmond. Mccormick's, Sine's, and Rosey Connelly's were the regulars on our pub crawl and there is a fairly large Buffalo Wildwings that I watched the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight at way back when. It's been 4+ years since I've been there though.

~Bottoms Up pizza has TV's, very good food but meh beer but not sure they'd want you hanging out for an entire game. There are usually lines out the door, at least around standard heavy eating times. 3:30 kick off may be ok til halftime.

Anyone know of any Syracuse friendly bars in the area for catching some Cuse games?

Many sports bars in Richmond. I guess it depends on where you live. Only one I have been to was Chaamps Americana in the Stony Point shopping center and it was a nice sports bar. Unfortunately I saw Vermont beat the Orange in OT for which I got a lot of flack from my friends.

Entropic -- No clue on SU friendly bars, but I have to recommend two awesome bars for you if you are a craft beer guy. Capitol Alehouse in Downtown always has a great selection of craft beer on tap and in bottle and they do tons of special events like Pint Night where you keep the glass, tap takeovers, etc.

The second place I'm guessing no one here has heard of -- Mekong. Its a Vietnamese restaurant but they have a craft beer selection, particularly Belgians, better than just about anywhere on the East Coast. The owner is just a Belgian beer lover and decided to amass the best selection of Belgians and other stuff of anywhere else. That includes Philly, NYC, Asheville NC and all others. Its nuts. It isn't overly expensive. The food is great. Check it out. I drive 5 hours to get there to go out for a night every once in a while just because of that beer list.

Thanks for the responses guys I will be sure to give them a go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom