Just Pathetic FT Shooting... | Syracusefan.com

Just Pathetic FT Shooting...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
No excuse for that. Not sure how college players can be that bad from the FT line. Atrocious.

I hate guards missing fts...Cooney had a really bad day at the line. G is terrible there, his body language sucks as well

We probably win by 10 with average FT shooting. That's how bad that was

You know it's bad when the only player I have confidence in at the line is our big man. Rak goes to the line expecting to make it. Almost everybody else goes to the line hoping to make it.

I hate guards missing fts...Cooney had a really bad day at the line. G is terrible there, his body language sucks as well
If G is going to be a 50% FT shooter he can't be on the floor at the end of close games. Buzz starting fouling him every time he touched the ball starting at just under the 3 minute mark. It is not lost on opposing coaches. I've always believed that SU's historic and continuing FT problems are because it is not emphasized enough by the coach and poor performance at the line is accepted as it is what it is.

If G is going to be a 50% FT shooter he can't be on the floor at the end of close games. Buzz starting fouling him every time he touched the ball starting at just under the 3 minute mark. It is not lost on opposing coaches. I've always believed that SU's historic and continuing FT problems are because it is not emphasized enough by the coach and poor performance at the line is accepted as it is what it is.

Well said. VT was clearly looking to foul G and Buss late in the game. It almost paid off for them.

crazy talk..

perhaps what i find most troubling about the poor performance at the line in end game situations (where the opposition strategy is the quick foul) is the general sense i get that some players are really looking to pad stats rather than give their team the best chance to win. i can present no hard evidence whatsoever but if 50% ft shooters did the math and realized that just one more pass eats up 4 or 5 more seconds off the clock and puts the ball in the hands of a better shooter. there are currently players on this team who i would rather see just catch and heave the ball towards our goal and eat clock rather than go to the line with no time elapsed. my gut feeling. sad but true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom