Just so frustrating! | Syracusefan.com

Just so frustrating!

cuseguy

Living Legend
I'm watching the Minny game for the first time. I was at the Springsteen show Saturday night. Followed the down and distance report of the game. Read a 100 posts afterwards. I knew what happened. But to see it for the first time. Just frustrating. More winnable than I was expecting. Probably a good thing I didn't see it live. I'd be buying a new TV today.

After watching the game (and I hate to say this), I made the right choice tailgating with you. You're so right - this game should be in the dictionary next to the word "frustrating".

I attended the game live. It was winnable. But by the same token we were pretty uncompetitive for most of the game.

Really needed to convert those two second half opportunities inside the red zone--even if we just got FGs.

Lousy performance from the good guys.

Always respect your opinion but thought we were competitive. Thought both teams were evenly matched. Good chance the good guys win if they don't screw up in the red zone. Hope this doesn't continue to be a trend.

Always respect your opinion but thought we were competitive. Thought both teams were evenly matched. Good chance the good guys win if they don't screw up in the red zone. Hope this doesn't continue to be a trend.

I don't know--didn't seem like we were that competitive to me. We "outgained" them on the last drive, after we were already down 14, to get to a meager ~350 yards. That isn't how we've played all season, and it was disappointing considering how we've played offensively all year thus far.

They also handled us at the LOS. We had 10 penalties [or whatever it ended up being], several of which were costly. 6 sacks, when we'd only given up 3 in three games thus far.

We gained lots of our yardage between the 20s, didn't score a TD until the final minute, etc.

Now, I think the game was winnable because Minnesota isn't all that good. Hats of to them--they beat us, they're 4-0. But they only scored 17, some of which is attributable to our defense [although they missed two FGs that would have made the end results more ugly], but their crowd was on their feet the entire game, and justifiably so--because we never gave any reason to sit their fans down. We got handled, which is tremendously disappointing.

I don't know--didn't seem like we were that competitive to me. We "outgained" them on the last drive, after we were already down 14, to get to a meager ~350 yards. That isn't how we've played all season, and it was disappointing considering how we've played offensively all year thus far.

They also handled us at the LOS. We had 10 penalties [or whatever it ended up being], several of which were costly. 6 sacks, when we'd only given up 3 in three games thus far.

We gained lots of our yardage between the 20s, didn't score a TD until the final minute, etc.

Now, I think the game was winnable because Minnesota isn't all that good. Hats of to them--they beat us, they're 4-0. But they only scored 17, some of which is attributable to our defense [although they missed two FGs that would have made the end results more ugly], but their crowd was on their feet the entire game, and justifiably so--because we never gave any reason to sit their fans down. We got handled, which is tremendously disappointing.

I thought they handled us at the LOS as well - they were tougher than we were and that really bothers me.

I thought they handled us at the LOS as well - they were tougher than we were and that really bothers me.

It did seem like we got beat up a little at the line of scrimmage. I thought they were more physical than us. We seem to more of a finesse team. Maybe that comes from playing in the dome, playing in the Big East, going to an uptempo offense. We've become a shotgun style offense, not a power offense. It showed in that game.

Discipline should be our teams strong suit and yet is what's obviously lacking most of all.

It's alot easier to cheer for a less talented team that gives it's best in defeat vs what we have in a fairly talented team that consistantly finds way to screw up with crippling results.

Even being an optimist, it's hard to digest what we've seen all 4 games this year without any apperent signs of it being corrected. That being said, I will be in the Dome for the Pitt game and have myself once again convinced that alot will be corrected. Cant wait to see the OLine with Pugh back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom