Just watched most of the Duke game | Syracusefan.com

Just watched most of the Duke game

Cuse House

All American
Okafor is a pretty terrible defender when defending the high ball screen. He never hedged or got back to guard the rim, he just kind of stood there. I see Rak setting a lot of high ball screens for Cooney and G when we play Duke and I think all three will have a huge game. We should be able to drill some 3's and attack off those screens towards the rim. I know we don't play Duke for a bit but I wanted to throw out what I saw tonight.

Duke's D can be suspect some but both NC State and Miami won the game, IMO, by going inside. We need our guards to drive and make the good pass to the open cutter. We don't have stellar guard play this year so I'm not sure how we'll do against Duke. Also, Duke shot pretty poorly, which is uncharacteristic of them.

By the time we play them they'll have had a chance to work on the gaps in their D. By the same token, we'll have had time to work on our gaps as well - hopefully we find a legitimate and confidence 4th scorer on this team. There's always a chance and as long as we can get back on D quickly and handle their pressure D (not our forte from what I've seen this year but improved) we could make it a game.

Even after the loss to Miami and our win, I dont see us beating Duke.

in order to beat Duke you have to have guards that can brake their pressure to create unbalanced situations...Miami's guard play is what beat Duke last nite.....l don't think we have the guards that can create enough to compete with Duke

After last nite I'm a lot more worried than I was about the Miami game next week.

Too many people put Duke and UK on a pedestal to start the season. When will we ever learn. Nobody dominates college basketball anymore.

We'll have our shot against Duke in one or both of the games. You want to say we don't have good guards, ok, we have an great point forward. There's very few people in the league who can guard him. The Dukies are swiss cheese defensively again. They gave up 56 in the second half last night. Syracuse and Georgia Tech could of played three halfs and still not scored 56.

in order to beat Duke you have to have guards that can brake their pressure to create unbalanced situations...Miami's guard play is what beat Duke last nite...l don't think we have the guards that can create enough to compete with Duke
Duks defense is getting beat pretty easy off the dribble right now. Their pressure D is actually a weakness as the defense has extended too far, last two teams have taken to the rim at will and duk has no rim protector. 87 and 90 pts given up is very weak.
What i like most about this team (after Raks play) is we have 3 guys on the court at all times who can handle the ball well and beat their guys off the dribble in G, TC and Kaleb/Ron. Didnt have that last year, not even close. Trevor has improved his handle bitime over last yr and G is much much better off the bounce than CJ was. Of course Kaleb and Ron are not as solid as Ennis was but still those two can get in the lane and are not turning it over. If we stay out of foul trouble we can beat duk. Imo we are as good as NCSt and Miami who beat them easily. We shall see

Last edited:
Too many people put Duke and UK on a pedestal to start the season. When will we ever learn. Nobody dominates college basketball anymore.

We'll have our shot against Duke in one or both of the games. You want to say we don't have good guards, ok, we have an great point forward. There's very few people in the league who can guard him. The Dukies are swiss cheese defensively again. They gave up 56 in the second half last night. Syracuse and Georgia Tech could of played three halfs and still not scored 56.
If there is a dominant team it might be Virginia. Id take Va over UK right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom