Kaleb going forward | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb going forward

Dcuse

All Conference
He passed up several open shots last night. It did show great patience and he has definitely taken the "shoot less" coaching to heart. But come conference time, he is gonna have to take and make those when they are as open as they were last night.

He passed up several open shots last night. It did show great patience and he has definitely taken the "shoot less" coaching to heart. But come conference time, he is gonna have to take and make those when they are as open as they were last night.

I think Kaleb is doing great. He's under tremendous pressure to perform at an insanely high level. He had a couple of breakdowns but seems to be on track to play more within his limits in the near term. I expect him to continue to improve as the season goes on.

My hope for this team is to make it to the big dance. For this team, we must win the games we are supposed to win and then win at least one game we are not supposed to win. Otherwise, it's really going to be close. This really feels like a bubble team to me in some ways but in other ways more than a bubble team. So I am hopeful.

KJ's goal right now is to learn to play the point, not put up points. He's improving at this and he is making better decisions than in previous games - this is a great sign for SU fans, certainly.

I'm not sure whether the coaching staff asked KJ to just focus on running the point or whether he himself decided to just focus on getting the team in the best position to score and limiting turnovers, but it's a great opportunity for him to learn at this level without the pressure to be a scorer as well.

For what its worth, I think KJ already has a pretty good jump shot, and finishes well at the rim, and believe that will always be there when needed.

I agree he needs to take open shots. He passed uo several last night when we had rebounders underneath.

KJ's goal right now is to learn to play the point, not put up points. He's improving at this and he is making better decisions than in previous games - this is a great sign for SU fans, certainly.

I'm not sure whether the coaching staff asked KJ to just focus on running the point or whether he himself decided to just focus on getting the team in the best position to score and limiting turnovers, but it's a great opportunity for him to learn at this level without the pressure to be a scorer as well.

For what its worth, I think KJ already has a pretty good jump shot, and finishes well at the rim, and believe that will always be there when needed.
I used to think this way, but then I saw him live in NYC, and I have seen him play his best games when he is playing to be a complement to Cooney and G on the perimeter. I don't think he should put on blinders, ignore being a scorer and obsess over becoming a PG, it is clear to me he needs to focus on just being a contributing guard for the team. That will come down to decision making; bring the ball up, set up the offense and make a play when it is called for, and then make a shot when it is in the flow and the defense is giving it to you. That basketball player above all else mentality, regardless of position, will make him the best player in the long run and for the team this year, IMHO.

I think a point guards primary responsibility is to run the offense as instructed by the coach, which this year means to make sure both Trevor and Rak get off to good starts to get them going.

But in crunch time, it's more of making sure we gets the best shot possible each possession, which at some point may be his own open looks.

Worst thing to happen to Kaleb is Ennis for two reasons:
1) Tyler had a tremendous freshman year, making fans think it's easy for a true frosh PG to come in and have instant success.
2) Tyler should still be wearing an SU uniform, thereby allowing KJ the time to develop his skill set to take over the starting role next year.

Worst thing to happen to Kaleb is Ennis for two reasons:
1) Tyler had a tremendous freshman year, making fans think it's easy for a true frosh PG to come in and have instant success.
2) Tyler should still be wearing an SU uniform, thereby allowing KJ the time to develop his skill set to take over the starting role next year.
1) SU fans have more insight than that.
2) KJ's development was radically accelerated by being the starter from day 1. He will take his knocks this season, the team will struggle to get off the bubble -- but why is that worse for KJ's development?

2) KJ's development was radically accelerated by being the starter from day 1. He will take his knocks this season, the team will struggle to get off the bubble -- but why is that worse for KJ's development?

1. SU fans are great!
2. Kaleb is doing fine!

SoBristol said:

You must not sit in Section 311. There are so many season ticket holders around me that make me want to pull my hair out with the spoiled-sounding whining they spew. I'm sure they are in every section, but holy cow I can't wait to move next year.

/end rant

You must not sit in Section 311. There are so many season ticket holders around me that make me want to pull my hair out with the spoiled-sounding whining they spew. I'm sure they are in every section, but holy cow I can't wait to move next year.

/end rant
I thought it was "311 Heaven"?:cool:

OrangeTown said:
You must not sit in Section 311. There are so many season ticket holders around me that make me want to pull my hair out with the spoiled-sounding whining they spew. I'm sure they are in every section, but holy cow I can't wait to move next year. /end rant

My ex has seats there, she invited me to the game against La Tech. One guy was trashing Joseph BEYOND hard and I wanted to punt him down the stairs. Then another guy started getting on McCullough bad. After Cooney hit like 3 shots in a row and missed one the original guy starting swearing up a storm.

With all of that from these gentleman, and yes they're gentleman compared to this next fellow, I cam across this guy about 2 rows down, and 14 seats away screaming at top of his lounges the entire game, cursing, belittling, berating, calling out the players manhoods, bitching about the zone, publicly screaming out his lack of basketball knowledge by screaming out things that could be backed up by googling in 3 seconds.

He was my guess about 35-40, dressed in camo all classy like, with a big bushy red beard to go along with his red face and dirty winter cap that didn't leave his head. I'm glad I wasn't within spitting distance or closer from him for two reasons, one I wouldn't have wanted to smell him or I may have had an actual hard time of holding back and slugging guy. I know I can be hard on players but I would never EVER on here, in the dome or ANYWHERE question their dedication, or their effort. I'm all for the dome being louder, but not like idiots like this, I'd like it louder to drown those idiots out.