Kaleb Joseph SU’s heir apparent at point guard burns to prove he’s worthy | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph SU’s heir apparent at point guard burns to prove he’s worthy

What an inspiring story! A young man dedicated to be the best, who knows how to make his intentions reality. Came from poverty, but as many poor people with success stories, there was loving family. Everyone around him worked hard. "If all I have to do is play basketball, I have it easy."

Just returned from N Carolina, where my son got married this week-end. I am now a mother-in-law. Eeeek!

Dan, this was a great first article for me to read on this website this morning. Glad to see you're still posting.

Good thing Hop warned him about Syracuse critics. For sure he'll have some on this board. :rolleyes:

Gotta love the Comments section on Syracuse.com. I thought it would be impossible for somebody to get a negative impression of the kid from that article, but I was proven wrong yet again.

Im excited to watch him this season!

Gotta love the Comments section on Syracuse.com. I thought it would be impossible for somebody to get a negative impression of the kid from that article, but I was proven wrong yet again.
I must admit I was disappointed when he laughed at the idea of having a back up plan in academics. I know he's just a kid, but I hope his family is advising him to get an education.

I must admit I was disappointed when he laughed at the idea of having a back up plan in academics. I know he's just a kid, but I hope his family is advising him to get an education.

I agree it's silly not to have a backup plan, but I had the impression that it's more his way to demonstrate that he's 100% committed than the actual truth. I could be wrong, though.

He's going to get a good education whether he wants it or not, so having a formal backup plan might not matter. If he stays for two years, that's two years of work towards a degree that he could always go back to if he doesn't last long in the NBA. If he ends up not being NBA caliber, he still ends up with a degree. He's shown that he is a capable student.

The comments sections on almost any news site (or any site, for that matter) are the absolute worst. Avoid like the plague.

It seemed to me he understands the importance of getting grades...although I suppose that's not the same thing as getting an education.
In any case, I do like the attitude of being all in and committed to whatever he does.

In terms of being in college as prep for the NBA...I wish that wasn't the case.
But it is...and at least he's being honest about it.

One thing that seems clear...he'll be a much different kind of point guard than Tyler Ennis.
Kaleb Joseph doesn't seem the quiet type.

The comments sections on almost any news site (or any site, for that matter) are the absolute worst. Avoid like the plague.

Yeah its like when you go to buy a highly rated product only to find out there is always 10 1-2 stars out of 100 reviews. I hate that, leaves me with the What should I buy then mentality.