Kansas pregame thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Kansas pregame thoughts...

All American
General20 made lots of great points (as always) in his post game observations of the Maryland game.

One of the points I liked most was his point about answering questions in early season games, and Kansas being the perfect team to answer the most important questions. The Kansas game is going to expose the weaknesses of our zone AND our half court offense, and that's a good thing for a young team that plays as hard as this one. This game absolutely has the potential to be a blow out, IMO. Even so, I think this game will go a long way toward improvements we will see later in the season when it matters most.

This game will be tough on all the players, but I am most interested to see how:

1. Frank plays on offense against elite pressure defense

2. The play of PC and BS on both ends of the floor.

I think the play of those 3 in this game will give us a gage on how competitive this team can or cannot become.

Sick of all this blowout talk. We ain’t gettin’ blown out.

It’s certainly going to be the most substantive test for this young team and will be indicative of both our strengths and weaknesses . It’s my hope that if it in fact does become a lopsided loss that the focus will be turn to the positives that we can learn moving forward with this young team . Ultimately the season always comes down to how the team performs against elite competition, so having a gauge of how they will match up against such is a great opportunity .

On the bright side I think we have all been provided with evidence that this team has been underestimated and in fact possesses the ability to execute JBs 2-3 zone at a level that we have not been accustomed to seeing for quite some time . I’m thrilled with what I’m seeing with this young team and I’m certain that we are in for a very exciting season ahead

It’s certainly going to be the most substantive test for this young team and will be indicative of both our strengths and weaknesses . It’s my hope that if it in fact does become a lopsided loss that the focus will be turn to the positives that we can learn moving forward with this young team . Ultimately the season always comes down to how the team performs against elite competition, so having a gauge of how they will match up against such is a great opportunity .

On the bright side I think we have all been provided with evidence that this team has been underestimated and in fact possesses the ability to execute JBs 2-3 zone at a level that we have not been accustomed to seeing for quite some time . I’m thrilled with what I’m seeing with this young team and I’m certain that we are in for a very exciting season ahead
I love how you say we have not “been accustomed” to seeing vigorous playing of the zone! Ha ha! This is why we all love this team (among other things). Oshae has been brilliant! Let’s hope the razzle doesn’t go out of his dazzle should we sustain a significant loss. But I rather suspect that the team will pick themselves up again immediately. They strike me as that kind of a team. And if some of our threes start going down . . .

Well, as we say in New York, hey! You never know.

Good OP. Agreed. It will be interesting to see how well Frank and Tyus can attack Kansas off the bounce. These are better athletes KU has with Graham and Vick. No Hueter out there playing D. Can’t have offensive foul push offs with those two struggling trying to get by the Kansas defenders. I’m not that optimistic with this scenario.

I think one thing we can expect and that is they'll leave everything they have on the floor. They know this is their opportunity to find out just how good they are at this stage of the season.
They may not win but it won't be for lack of effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom