Katz and S. Davis - sources | Syracusefan.com

Katz and S. Davis - sources

I just read many posts questioning their sources, whether to trust them, etc, and wanted to point out that them going on the record with anything is extremely significant. Like them or their positions or not, just look to the Bernie stuff for confirmation of whom their sources are. They wouldn't bother speculation unless they went right to the "source(s)".

Now, whether Fab is back Sat or never, well, that's another thing. However, make no mistake whatever they are saying, it isn't joe third hand, or even some mid-level ESPN guy, they are two guys with a direct line to Jesus, or maybe Jesus and Mary/Joseph...

Jake has the comfort of not telling his info to millions of people.

Jake is an unbelievable asset to this board... But I wouldn't discount what Katz and Davis (the 2 premier scoopists in the country) have to say.

Jake is an unbelievable asset to this board... But I wouldn't discount what Katz and Davis (the 2 premier scoopists in the country) have to say.

Hard to discount anything you said there. :cool:

Spot on, in no way was I undervaluing Jake/Bees. I've seen about 20 years worth of Bees, and then Jake later on, insider posts to not ever doubt them. However, I read many posts questioning Katz and Davis when they not only have the same kind of sources but also have a rep to protect when stating something, so they would just state something without being sure...

Davis has a direct line to jimmy b so that has to mean something

Not just JB. During the Fine stuff, there were some really inside details about Hop, which really, there could only be one source with that kind of intimate knowledge.

Spot on, in no way was I undervaluing Jake/Bees. I've seen about 20 years worth of Bees, and then Jake later on, insider posts to not ever doubt them. However, I read many posts questioning Katz and Davis when they not only have the same kind of sources but also have a rep to protect when stating something, so they would just state something without being sure...

Yes, they would not want to harm their muck raking, mud slinging, yellow journalist reputations. I will stand by my earlier post.

Did anybody watch the Experts or whatever it is called yesterday on ESPNU at 1pm where they do the round table discussion about college basketball?

I was in the other room half listening and couldn't see the TV but it had Katz, Gottlieb, etc on there but I thought I heard Tim Welsch's voice also. Whoever it was talking said that their "sources" indicate that Fab might be back on Sat or along those lines. Again this was yesterday and I'm sure it was pre-hearing and speculation, but if it was indeed Welch I would consider that to be the best national info we could get because I'm sure his source is either Jb or one of the assistants. I can't confirm it was him but it did sound like Welsch's voice. I didn't think this was mentioned earlier in the Davis thread, etc.

Did anybody watch the Experts or whatever it is called yesterday on ESPNU at 1pm where they do the round table discussion about college basketball?

I was in the other room half listening and couldn't see the TV but it had Katz, Gottlieb, etc on there but I thought I heard Tim Welsch's voice also. Whoever it was talking said that their "sources" indicate that Fab might be back on Sat or along those lines. Again this was yesterday and I'm sure it was pre-hearing and speculation, but if it was indeed Welch I would consider that to be the best national info we could get because I'm sure his source is either Jb or one of the assistants. I can't confirm it was him but it did sound like Welsch's voice. I didn't think this was mentioned earlier in the Davis thread, etc.
Yea Katz has said a couple times he thought Fab would be back this year. Seth Davis tweeted basically the same yesterday. If our most reputable posters didnt say its iffy we would all think hes coming back between the Fab tweet, still no ruling, and 2 of the biggest reporters in college basketball saying they are hearing its likely he will be back.

Yea Katz has said a couple times he thought Fab would be back this year. Seth Davis tweeted basically the same yesterday. If our most reputable posters didnt say its iffy we would all think hes coming back between the Fab tweet, still no ruling, and 2 of the biggest reporters in college basketball saying they are hearing its likely he will be back.

The only thing i am worried about is they are still going off what they heard last week when this first went down.

But definitely, the inside posters here are making me a bit nervous, to say the least.

The only thing i am worried about is they are still going off what they heard last week when this first went down.

But definitely, the inside posters here are making me a bit nervous, to say the least.
Didnt Davis tweet this yesterday after the supposed hearing had taken place?

Obvi he could be going off old info but given his relationship with JB, I dont think he is.

Didnt Davis tweet this yesterday after the supposed hearing had taken place?

Obvi he could be going off old info but given his relationship with JB, I dont think he is.

Yeah he did, something like "still hearing", so being the pessimist I am I thought maybe he just hadn't heard anything differently, but it could still be old news.

In my life the saying "no news is good news" is usually correct. Probably one of my favorite lines to use, that and" need a penny take a penny have a penny give a penny."

In my life the saying "no news is good news" is usually correct. Probably one of my favorite lines to use, that and" need a penny take a penny have a penny give a penny."

I prefer "find a penny pick it up, all day long youll have good luck"

How much verification of sources did CBS do with the "JoePa is dead" report?

How much verification of sources did CBS do with the "JoePa is dead" report?

Well they were pretty much right, really. It was what like 4 hours later officially? I read somewhere that there were actually technically correct and he coded first and was brought back for the last 4 hours before succumbing at last, but I can't find that blog now.

All I know is I will find out for sure by say 12:55pm on Saturday.

I prefer "find a penny pick it up, all day long youll have good luck"

I prefer "find a penny, pick it up, all the day you have a worthless piece of copper in your pocket."

Wouldn't Jardine be a premier scoopist too? Rim shot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom