Keeping My Breakfast Down...... | Syracusefan.com

Keeping My Breakfast Down......

newmexicuse

All Conference
I had my nice healthy, bland breakfast of milk, fruit, and cereal. I was so looking forward to either a Cuse blowout or at least a competitive game.

Instead, within just a few minutes of the game starting, I suddenly find myself struggling to not get sick.

What we are witnessing this season is simply beyond words.

We have a great zone strategy. Take away the mid-range J & let our opponents have as many open three point looks or layups as they want. Admittedly, BC was on fire. It is hard to believe they could make that high a percentage of treys in a shoot around. That being said, we offered no resistance.

It is obvious that this team's zone D is beyond redemption. How can a man D possibly be worse ??? You would think the Jurrassic coach would at least try some man in a blow out game with nothing to lose. Instead, he slaps on the silly press that will almost never work against any team with decent guards.

I think the over/under for Cuse conference victories is about three, and I think that makes me an optimist. Please, do not ask me to name the three W's on the schedule.

Exactly one player displayed any kind of serious energy out there - Roberson. Statistically, White had a nice game. Tyler Lydon was invisible until he did some garbage time stat stuffing. Frank Howard has been the whipping boy this season. I don't want to lay it on any more, but somehow, some way that kid needs to find some confidence.

The game has changed. A team has to have strong outside play on both ends of the court to be successful. Now you can't suddenly make Howard & Gillon great outside shooters, but they are both athletes and you would think that perhaps they could at least have some D impact if they were playing man, since obviously they are both lost in the Zone.

My last thought, where was DC2. Yeah, Thompson starting was an interesting twist, but somebody out there has to make them pay a price when they come inside the lane....who better to do that than DC2 ??? Gotta get him some minutes to apply some muscle.

Anyways, Happy New Year to everybody on this forum. Things will get better if for no other reason than that they can't possibly get worse.

We did play m-2-m the last 8 minutes. Dumb announcers didn't even mention it. It wasn't any better. BC was just sitting on the lead the last 5 minutes. Our guard play is abysmal. I don't think it will get any better.

We did play m-2-m the last 8 minutes. Dumb announcers didn't even mention it. It wasn't any better. BC was just sitting on the lead the last 5 minutes. Our guard play is abysmal. I don't think it will get any better.
All I saw the last 8 minutes was them beating the press down the court time and time again, if we did play some man I was so shell shocked I didn't even realize it. The press was so bad there were hardly any D sets to observe by that point in the game.

I don't think it's indicative of much, to play m2m at the end of a game in which you've been humiliated and are down 20, and when you've got less energy from failed pressing.

Yeah the announcers didn't even mention it, and I didn't notice. When we were down 20 and I thought the walkons were about to come in, I looked at the clock and there were still ten minutes left, i kinda checked out and got more invested in my spider solitaire... I would imagine that's about how committed we were to playing man at that point.

Why didn't D.C. play? The game was on at 9:30am in LA, on NYD, so I got a late start with the dvr and didn't see any pregame news. No injury? Just a coaches decision? How do you go from guaranteed starter to zero minutes? Ask Roberson, I guess. Bizarre year.

This is all just bitchcakes crazy. This is just a Bobby Ewing Dream Thing, right?

Why didn't D.C. play? The game was on at 9:30am in LA, on NYD, so I got a late start with the dvr and didn't see any pregame news. No injury? Just a coaches decision? How do you go from guaranteed starter to zero minutes? Ask Roberson, I guess. Bizarre year.

This is all just bitchcakes crazy. This is just a Bobby Ewing Dream Thing, right?
You get a like for the Bobby Ewing reference. :D

C
I had my nice healthy, bland breakfast of milk, fruit, and cereal. I was so looking forward to either a Cuse blowout or at least a competitive game.

Instead, within just a few minutes of the game starting, I suddenly find myself struggling to not get sick.

What we are witnessing this season is simply beyond words.

We have a great zone strategy. Take away the mid-range J & let our opponents have as many open three point looks or layups as they want. Admittedly, BC was on fire. It is hard to believe they could make that high a percentage of treys in a shoot around. That being said, we offered no resistance.

It is obvious that this team's zone D is beyond redemption. How can a man D possibly be worse ??? You would think the Jurrassic coach would at least try some man in a blow out game with nothing to lose. Instead, he slaps on the silly press that will almost never work against any team with decent guards.

I think the over/under for Cuse conference victories is about three, and I think that makes me an optimist. Please, do not ask me to name the three W's on the schedule.

Exactly one player displayed any kind of serious energy out there - Roberson. Statistically, White had a nice game. Tyler Lydon was invisible until he did some garbage time stat stuffing. Frank Howard has been the whipping boy this season. I don't want to lay it on any more, but somehow, some way that kid needs to find some confidence.

The game has changed. A team has to have strong outside play on both ends of the court to be successful. Now you can't suddenly make Howard & Gillon great outside shooters, but they are both athletes and you would think that perhaps they could at least have some D impact if they were playing man, since obviously they are both lost in the Zone.

My last thought, where was DC2. Yeah, Thompson starting was an interesting twist, but somebody out there has to make them pay a price when they come inside the lane...who better to do that than DC2 ??? Gotta get him some minutes to apply some muscle.

Anyways, Happy New Year to everybody on this forum. Things will get better if for no other reason than that they can't possibly get worse.
Completely agree with your comments about the guy getting the ball at the foul line area. Make him score instead of giving up the layups to goofy white guys.

All I saw the last 8 minutes was them beating the press down the court time and time again, if we did play some man I was so shell shocked I didn't even realize it. The press was so bad there were hardly any D sets to observe by that point in the game.

Ok...just so I'm clear...your basketball acumen allows you to point out what our "Jurrassic" (spelled incorrectly btw) coach is doing wrong but that same acumen is unable to differentiate between MTM and zone defense?

Am I really the only one who sees the irony in this thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom