Keith Hughes Dead At 45

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
KeithHughes.jpg

RIP

Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim remembers former player Keith Hughes

His Syracuse Bio

bilde

Keith was on a loaded SU team. He had been New Jersey High School Player of The Year before coming to Syracuse. Both Keith and Earl Duncan transferred to Rutgers seeking more PT.

Rutgers basketball community mourns Keith Hughes, 45

Keith Hughes (basketball) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
wow, so sad. i always thought that had a chance to be a big star. one of my favorite players that never got major run..

I got a chance to meet him soon after he began playing for Rutgers. He seemed like a great guy and was so pleased that he was able to turn his basketball career around and be a team leader. He played for SU at a time when JB would reduce his line-up to 7 plyers towards the end of the season and he just did not see a future. Earl Duncan tranferred from SU at the same time and also went to Rutgers.

I remember when he signed, he was the guy Boeheim was most excited about in a very talented class. RIP Mr. Hughes.

Back then, JB had such a short bench. I think he went 7 deep every year and didn't budge from that. I remember being upset when earl and Keith transferred. The problem was, he had Stevie in front of him and knew that Billy would be coming in the following year and he was never going to be a starter.