KenPom Bash Alert - Louisville about to jump ahead of Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

KenPom Bash Alert - Louisville about to jump ahead of Syracuse

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
I estimate that with a 33 point victory Louisville would move ahead of Syracuse. They are currently up by 37 vs South Florida. Get your posts ready folks.

People that realize KenPom is not meant to rank top 5, but instead use it to gauge the range a team is in especially as we move farther away from the top 10, stay calm.

Last edited:
Oh the fun of mid-season basketball and teams shuffling like cards in a deck. Who will be the aces by season's end?

This is part of why computer polls are deeply flawed - Louisville wins by 25 and Syracuse stays ranked ahead of them, but they win by 39 and jump Cuse? Idiotic.

At the moment I'm firmly convinced that relying on human voters using the "eye test" is a better way to go. That feeling will probably last right up until I check out Ron Morris's ballot next week.

I estimate that with a 33 point victory Louisville would move ahead of Syracuse. They are currently up by 37 vs South Florida. Get your posts ready folks.

People that realize KenPom is not meant to rank top 5, but instead use it to gauge the range a team is in especially as we move farther away from the top 10, stay calm.

USF is a below average team, I don't think this will push Louisville up that much.

Not every writer or is ever going to love our team as much as we do! The sooner some accept this, the sooner these threads of people getting their panties in a bunch over someone not dubbing us the national title favorite will go away!

we win every game by 15 we would be number one right now problem is we are still a young team playing 3 sophs and a freshmen, have to wait to late march for that.

we win every game by 15 we would be number one right now problem is we are still a young team playing 3 sophs and a freshmen, have to wait to late march for that.

I fail

I vote we stop posting about KenPom because most people here don't understand the underlying math and formula being used. Or it's relation to, you know, the actual basketball.

OH NO EVERYONE. THIS IS GOING TO DESTROY US IN THE POLLS AND WHEN IT COMES TO SELECTION SUN--

--wait, you're saying no one gives a sh** about KenPom and it doesn't have any impact on us, and doesn't alter the fact we're 18-0 and #2 in the country, and are well on our way to a 1 seed?

Now I'm just confused.

Thank the basketball gods that this isn't college football, where CPU rankings have a real influence on who wins the whole thing.

Get a top seed, advance, put up banner.

Thank the basketball gods that this isn't college football, where CPU rankings have a real influence on who wins the whole thing.

You forgot to include biased Human Polls which have an even bigger influence on college football.

Its great that basketball relies on neither polls or rankings to determine a champion.

You guys realize its based on an equation, right? He doesn't go in and tinker with the numbers just to mess with Syracuse.

Nope, clearly KenPom has a personal grudge against Syracuse, rather than a sum of numbers that lack the ability to form any inherent bias. This is all a conspiracy, Ken Pomeroy is clearly a quack and a hater, and thank a poll which values the opinion of Ron ing Morris is much more trustworthy because it says we're #2.

If it was football nobody cares if your wins are at home or away.

This is part of why computer polls are deeply flawed - Louisville wins by 25 and Syracuse stays ranked ahead of them, but they win by 39 and jump Cuse? Idiotic.

At the moment I'm firmly convinced that relying on human voters using the "eye test" is a better way to go. That feeling will probably last right up until I check out Ron Morris's ballot next week.

The eye test is great, but you can't really use it to rank 351 basketball teams.

If only there was a tournament at the end of the season to decide who the best team was… oh wait.