Kentucky up by 1...... | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky up by 1......

Syracuse only up 6 in 2nd half to princeton. At home! :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I got scared too, but even when they're shooting the lights out, our offense is running, DC2, Rak, JSouth, MCW all playing well. Princeton can't keep up.

Looks like Archie Goodwin got mad, and blew up at the end. They'll hold on. Still haven't gelled yet, and best basketball is ahead of them, but a weird team even when Harrow comes back. I don't get it, really. Even with our sloppy play these first three games, our offense has a purpose and we get good looks when we're not throwing the ball away. Everything feeds through MCW, sometimes Triche's dribble penetration or good looks dumping into low post. Kentucky is all over the place offensively at times. No identity.

Wait ... Kentucky played today?

Cause I just checked ESPN.com's college basketball front page headlines and Kentucky doesn't appear anywhere... which lately seems impossible.

Pretend we had this lineup:

C: Fab as Frosh
F: Rak as Soph
F: Grant as Frosh
G. Carter-Williams as Soph
G: Dion as Frosh

That's kinda like what Kentucky is trying to turn into a legit team. (You can certainly mix and match the players/years) It will take 20+ games to gel, if that.

That's kinda like what Kentucky is trying to turn into a legit team. (You can certainly mix and match the players/years) It will take 20+ games to gel, if that.
Really good point. Scary thing is after those 20 games, when Goodwin and Poythress are getting the majority of the looks with occasional Wiltjer shooting night. Still, I think after 20 games, when we've gotten cleaner with the ball and our defense starts to rotate faster and gamble less, we would take this Kentucky team the majority of the games.

Another advantage of SEC hoops. Only 1 or 2 teams to worry about. That strategy wouldn't work in some of the meat grinder Big East schedules we've seen in recent years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom