Kentucky vs. Syracuse...not to be | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky vs. Syracuse...not to be

Should Syracuse and Kentucky schedule a home and home series?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No, shouldn't go out of our way

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Van111

Starter
There was a lot of speculation on why SU and Kentucky were not matched up in the SEC/BE Challenge. Fact is they would never meet if Syracuse stays in the Big East. With the tournament going to all home games instaed of nuetral sites, both SU and Kentucky are on the same home and away schedule guarenteeing that they would never have met in this challenge. The whole country wanted to see this match up, but it was not to be, and very unlikely to ever be scheduled with SU's impending move to the ACC. In all likelihood, the best chance we have at seeing Kentucy Blue play our beloved Orange is and will be at a final four event.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/59631/secbig-east-matchups-pretty-awesome

So we may have to wait a long long time to see this match up.

According to Calipari, UK is only interested in OOC games with other elite teams if held at neutral sites as opposed to home-and-home series. They would have been willing to play Indiana in Indianapolis but not in Bloomington. I wonder if UK would be willing to play SU in MSG at some point in the future. DG should make a call and make the pitch.

According to Calipari, UK is only interested in OOC games with other elite teams if held at neutral sites as opposed to home-and-home series. They would have been willing to play Indiana in Indianapolis but not in Bloomington. I wonder if UK would be willing to play SU in MSG at some point in the future. DG should make a call and make the pitch.
I think all of NY would go for that one!