Kevin Ollie: He gone? | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Ollie: He gone?

UConn has to have like no money.

Ollie has a 10 million dollar buyout.
The Big East buyout money has dried up.
They fired Diaco and paid him and Edsall has like money.

They can’t afford to buyout Ollie and pay market it would take to hire a good coach unless a private donor financed it.

UConn has to have like no money.

Ollie has a 10 million dollar buyout.
The Big East buyout money has dried up.
They fired Diaco and paid him and Edsall has like money.

They can’t afford to buyout Ollie and pay market it would take to hire a good coach unless a private donor financed it.

I think if theyre desperate enough they will find a way.

Rumor on the Boneyard (lol right) is they found boosters to pay the buyout.

Always love reading those posts a couple years back when they said this conference restructuring wouldn't affect their program

Always love reading those posts a couple years back when they said this conference restructuring wouldn't affect their program

What about Villanova?

Sometimes it's the coaches fault and not just circumstances.

What about Villanova?

Agreed. I mean they're two games behind Central freakin Florida in their conference. I would understand not being a perennial top five team but this is gross.

He really dropped the ball over there. They got a lot of great guys to come in and he still couldn't make it happen.

Stollingsesque

Outside of Pikiell who they aren’t getting I wonder who gets that job.
Hurley would be stupid to leave Rhode Island for UConn he makes good money at Rhody and doesn’t have the expectations that would come from a UConn rebuild.
He will want a better job.

Does Calhoun come out of retirement?

The big east is still a good bball conf. The AAC is not

The ACC is a pretty good conference, what happened to Pitt?

They could have succeeded in the AAC but Ollie failed and failed bad.

They got the players, they had the same fan support and they were coming off a national championship. If you think the conference they were in was the issue then I don't know what to tell you.

Cronin at Cincy has done pretty well in the AAC so I don't buy the demise of UConn due to the conference bit. Stallings is available...come on UConn hire him.

The ACC is a pretty good conference, what happened to Pitt?

They could have succeeded in the AAC but Ollie failed and failed bad.

They got the players, they had the same fan support and they were coming off a national championship. If you think the conference they were in was the issue then I don't know what to tell you.

I think the conference was and is a major factor. Hiring a bad coach can be a factor as well as with Pitt. I don't think it matters who UConn hires. They won't be relevant.

Cronin at Cincy has done pretty well in the AAC so I don't buy the demise of UConn due to the conference bit. Stallings is available...come on UConn hire him.

Xavier has passed Cincy as the best team in the area. The conf structure change has helped them

I think the conference was and is a major factor. Hiring a bad coach can be a factor as well as with Pitt. I don't think it matters who UConn hires. They won't be relevant.

Ok, why? You keep saying the same thing over and over without anything backing it up and there's plenty of examples how the conference alone is wrong.

I get you hate Uconn and it's nice to think they suck because they're them, but Ollie dropped the ball.

Ok, why? You keep saying the same thing over and over without anything backing it up and there's plenty of examples how the conference alone is wrong.

I get you hate Uconn and it's nice to think they suck because they're them, but Ollie dropped the ball.

I just gave an example with Xavier.

Give me an example where a team went down to a lower conf and stayed the same or got better?

I just gave an example with Xavier.

Give me an example where a team when down to a lower conf and stayed the same or got better?

Think Villanova was mentioned.

Xavier has passed Cincy as the best team in the area. The conf structure change has helped them

They are both 27-4. Cincinnati might be the best team in the country nobody talks about.

Think Villanova was mentioned.

Right. And I already gave my rebuttal to Nova vs Uconn. I don't believe the big east vs aac is a valid compare.

But whatever...I'll just bring this post up in a couple years when Uconn fails again with their next coach to be nationally relevant and you can blame that coach too

They are both 27-4. Cincinnati might be the best team in the country nobody talks about.

Which school has the better program over the past 4 years

The Big East isn’t a midmajor it’s on par with the P5.

The American is the old CUSA.
Which had Cincinnati under Huggie,
Louisville under Crum, Marquette under Crean, DePaul under Kennedy, UAB under Anderson, UNC Charlotte under Lutz it was a damn good league.
It wasn’t number one but it was a multiple bid league each year.

The American isn’t UConn’s problem for basketball. All the American did was kill UConn football.
Basketball can survive in any conference if you have a good coach.
See Gonzaga and Few. Few is a future HOFer.

Ollie rode Calhoun’s Big East recruited upper class men to a title.

He didn’t stock up after they left. The program crumbled. The American hurt their fanbase interest but they are getting the mid major status that fanbase deserves but a good coach can win there.

What about Villanova?

the better comp is cincinnati. the difference is that ohio's public university system is better funded & managed. connecticut's state financial position is not in a place of strength; in retrospect uconn football should never have gone fbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom