Kevin Ware seems like a nice enough kid | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Ware seems like a nice enough kid

Flacusian

All Conference
and it's a shame that he had such a horrific injury, BUT that aside, Louisville plays a brand of basketball that exists on the edge of what is allowable with contact throughout the game. Their entire press is as much a function of getting away with being overly aggressive (read "fouling") as it is playing suffocating defense. What they do isn't pretty and it makes for a really unpleasant experience as a fan. We also know of other teams who rely on this strategy but currently Louisville is the biggest proponent of this style of play. Nobody likes getting beat. But it's especially upsetting to get beat by that style of play.

It really seemed like when tonight's game was on the line they were allowed the most latitude in the level of physical play. I know I'm bit$hing about it but it's just the way I see it. I'm hoping we get a chance to show them up with authentic defense which doesn't live on the edge of legality. They are bullies who could use a lesson... or two!

PS. Get well soon Kevin.

Louisville plays defense the way the velociraptors tested the fences in Jurassic Park. They play up to the edge and take what the refs give them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom