Key Players vs Clemson Not Named Dungey. | Syracusefan.com

Key Players vs Clemson Not Named Dungey.

Custis - if we want to have a chance to win he needs to catch the long ball. we all know the long ball to him is coming at some point. That play can change the game for worse or better.

Nykeim - Needs to keep progressing. He has the speed to make big plays, and the agility to make guys miss. I assume he will be getting a heavy dose of quick bubble screens.

Butler - Can he become more invloved? He has only had a few catches the last few weeks, but he looks much more comfortable. I would like a 5 catch day out of Butler. That should help open up our other options.

My biggest worry is our WRs, they need to bust their tails getting open because Dungey will probably have minimal time to get the ball out. I think this unit is the difference in a close game/maybe squeak out a huge upset or a pretty large loss.

Offensively, I Think it comes down to Custis catching that deep ball when it comes to him. Could push a huge swing of momentum towards us which could give us the edge.

Defensively, Cisco is going to have to make some big plays. I think the LB core also is going to have to do something special at some point to win this game.

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than what the rest of the world thinks besides Syracuse fans.

#shocktheworld

Foster and Cisco.

If we’re blitz heavy we need these guys to protect us.
This. Nothing over the top.

I’ll be really worried if we play soft coverage while being blitz heavy. Their kid could pick us apart. Add Chris Fredrick and Scoop to the list.

Anyone see that one of clemson's cb is out against cuse?

We do not expect CB Mark Fields to play tomorrow vs. Syracuse. This would stress a position group that has little experience beyond Trayvon Mullen and A.J. Terrell. ****Mark Fields | TigerIllustrated.com
— Larry Williams (@LarryWilliamsTI) September 28, 2018
Neal, and Howard, we have to be able to be effective on the ground to keep their DL honest. Would like to see Strickland as an outside receiver in this game.

I think our DL is one key. We need to stop at least half of Clemson's drives to compete with them. Etienne and Lawrence will beat us if we can't contain them, at least part of the time. Dungey may move the ball and score some points, but we need to slow their offense down as well. Slayton & Coleman could be that key. Are they as good as we think?

Custis and Cisco. Custis needs to harbor his inner WMU and make the long distance catches. Cisco needs to play smart, not giving em anything easy, and another pick would be the cherry on top.

Offense - Custis, O-line
Defense - Cordy, Safeties

Pretty much ends at the OL and DL. We know what we have most everywhere else. If we can hold serve in the trenches I think we can make it a game.

Offense: Roberts/Adams, Custis
Defense: Robinson, Frederick

Forgot O

Strickland. We need to pound the middle and get the Clemson Lb’s tired. This is a weaker unit for the Tigers and could open up the middle downfield. They lay big hits but Strickland soaked them up last year so why not again.

This is a game where attrition will be on our side. Survive the first quarter.

Special teams might be the key, along with getting a pick (Cisco). If we think Fredrick is key, hope we spell his name correctly.

The WR corps should have chances to get open for Dungey with Fields (their back up/in rotation CB) suspended for the game. They will be very thin on the outside. More than ever Custis and the squad need to step up, make some plays and score some points!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom