Kind of Ot: Army football | Syracusefan.com

Kind of Ot: Army football

Briancuse

Living Legend
Army is 3-0 for the first time since the 60's, they put up 66 points n Utep this weekend. They finally look like they have a decent team, might this finally be the year they beat Navy?

Army started the 1996 season 9-0 before visiting the Carrier Dome.

On the radio they were saying they were 3-0 for the first time since the 60's, I guess they were mistaken.

Army is 3-0 for the first time since the 60's, they put up 66 points n Utep this weekend. They finally look like they have a decent team, might this finally be the year they beat Navy?

Someone alert the Athletic Department to have them replaced on the 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026 schedules with Wagner, Pace, Utica and Morrisville respectively. We need those wins! #programbldrs

Last time we started 3-0 was our 1991 10-2 team (went 4-0 before losing to FSU and ECU in back to back games) and the last time we started the season at least 9-0 was our 1987 undefeated team.

Here's hoping our long wait for good and great starts is over by the end of this decade.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil

omniorange said:
Last time we started 3-0 was our 1991 10-2 team (went 4-0 before losing to FSU and ECU in back to back games) and the last time we started the season at least 9-0 was our 1987 undefeated team. Here's hoping our long wait for good and great starts is over by the end of this decade. LGO!!! Cheers, Neil

SU started 3-0 last year.

Last time we started 3-0 was our 1991 10-2 team (went 4-0 before losing to FSU and ECU in back to back games) and the last time we started the season at least 9-0 was our 1987 undefeated team.

Here's hoping our long wait for good and great starts is over by the end of this decade.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil

Army is going to sink Navy's battleship this year .

Won the last game against BC .

True, but there were 8 consecutive losses between the 3 wins and the final win, correct? ;)

I was wrong about when we last had three wins to start the season, but I think my statement above is good.

Anyway, doesn't change my optimism.

By the end of the decade I think we will be Top 25 good again.

Cheers,
Neil

True, but there were 8 consecutive losses between the 3 wins and the final win, correct? ;)

I was wrong about when we last had three wins to start the season, but I think my statement above is good.

Anyway, doesn't change my optimism.

By the end of the decade I think we will be Top 25 good again.

Cheers,
Neil
God willin' and the creek don't rise .

Frozen said:

I was deployed to Kuwait that year and living in the desert like a goat herder. A few of the officers went to West Point and I bet them each on that game. I remember I would forgo my limited chance to sleep on Saturday nights with a couple other guys (SEC fans) to hear the scores roll in every hour over the battalion headquarters radio. I scored fairly well that fall with the money I won off that game and on the Yankees beating the Braves in the World Series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom