Kinda OT: Anyone know any managers from the 02-03 team? | Syracusefan.com

Kinda OT: Anyone know any managers from the 02-03 team?

jekelish

Living Legend
An idea just popped into my head for an article, and it'd be from the perspective of team managers, so I wanted to know if anyone here happens to know any of the folks who were team managers that season.

I'm a huge fan of oral history articles (I'm currently reading this one - like, at this very second: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-20141222) and I was thinking to myself, "It'd be kinda cool to try to do an oral history of the 2003 title run, from the perspective of the managers who were there with the team every step of the way."

Obviously this is a shot in the dark. But I think if it was something that turned out being feasible, it could be a really fun read. So, if you happen to know any team managers from that squad, please let me know, and particularly if you think they'd be open to the idea.

Thanks!

Only a couple of the managers travel, but maybe trying to get one of the walk-ons would give you that similar perspective. Looking at the roster, I think SU only had 9 scholarship players that year, so at least two of those guys must have travelled (I am assuming Kouwe was one).

A good friend of mine was a team manager and I believe he was there during the Championship run. I can try to put you in touch with him.

I thought those were team managers I saw joining the dog pile at center court at the superdome seconds after we won it all?

A good friend of mine was a team manager and I believe he was there during the Championship run. I can try to put you in touch with him.
Awesome, that would be great. I've also gotten some help trying to track them down from Timonen as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom