Kinda OT: Best way to get BET tix... | Syracusefan.com

Kinda OT: Best way to get BET tix...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary (yes, she's a 'Cuse alum, and huge fan) by going to NYC for the last year SU will play in the BET. I really would like to be able to have an opportunity to go to every game SU plays in during the tournament, but I'm wondering what the best way to get tickets is.

I'd love to get some solid seats, and am willing to pay a decent amount for them. I know you can scalp from other fans, etc... but I'd really like to have a plan in place before we get to Manhattan. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Obviously, I'll buy them when they go on-sale, but I wasn't sure if there were deals through SU that I wasn't aware of.

not really an answer to your question, but, with no Yukon/WV, there should be alot more tix available

I'm a season ticket holder and went last year for the first time. If you try to buy through the university, they force you to pay for a package to go to every single game. It's expensive and impractical, and it makes me mad. I bought on stubhub for the 4th level. I believe I paid $100 plus and I bought for our Thurs game and Friday game (assuming we would win on Thursday). The first tickets were mailed to my house, but we had to go to the stubhub office to pick up the Friday tickets, but it was close to MSG and easy to get to. We figured we could easily pick up stubhub tickets if we won on Friday, but alas, we didn't.

I had never been to MSG before and I must say I was very impressed with the facility, and even though I was up on the 400 level (2nd row) I thought we had a great view. This makes me feel less anxious about scoring "great seats" for an expensive price this year. You might be fussier than I am.

Last year MSG would not sell tickets to the BET. You were forced to buy through the schools, stubhub, or scalpers. I did not want to take any chances, so stubhub worked for me.

While there we toured the 911 memorial, took in a Broadway show, and Gary forced me to go to the Liberty Deli where he ate this gigantic tongue sandwich. GAG! We also sat next to a gregarious guy at another restaurant who saw we were Cuse fans and bought us dessert. He also showed us pics of Digger Phelps on his cell phone, proving he was friends with him. Everywhere we went sporting orange, people waved, yelled "Go Orange!" or stopped us to talk to us about Syracuse. You and your wife will enjoy yourselves!

I'm a season ticket holder and went last year for the first time. If you try to buy through the university, they force you to pay for a package to go to every single game. It's expensive and impractical, and it makes me mad. I bought on stubhub for the 4th level. I believe I paid $100 plus and I bought for our Thurs game and Friday game (assuming we would win on Thursday). The first tickets were mailed to my house, but we had to go to the stubhub office to pick up the Friday tickets, but it was close to MSG and easy to get to. We figured we could easily pick up stubhub tickets if we won on Friday, but alas, we didn't.

I had never been to MSG before and I must say I was very impressed with the facility, and even though I was up on the 400 level (2nd row) I thought we had a great view. This makes me feel less anxious about scoring "great seats" for an expensive price this year. You might be fussier than I am.

Last year MSG would not sell tickets to the BET. You were forced to buy through the schools, stubhub, or scalpers. I did not want to take any chances, so stubhub worked for me.

While there we toured the 911 memorial, took in a Broadway show, and Gary forced me to go to the Liberty Deli where he ate this gigantic tongue sandwich. GAG! We also sat next to a gregarious guy at another restaurant who saw we were Cuse fans and bought us dessert. He also showed us pics of Digger Phelps on his cell phone, proving he was friends with him. Everywhere we went sporting orange, people waved, yelled "Go Orange!" or stopped us to talk to us about Syracuse. You and your wife will enjoy yourselves!
Thanks for the good answer! We are planning to go for the week, so it won't just be SU basketball (the sacrifices I make :)). Stub Hub might be the option then from what you're saying. I wouldn't mind doing all of SU's sessions (obviously) but I'm not going to buy for sessions I don't care about.

Thanks again!

You're welcome! Give this thread time. More people may respond.