Kinda OT: For those Time Warner haters out there | Syracusefan.com

Kinda OT: For those Time Warner haters out there

I have had Comcast for over 20 years, and I have nothing bad to say about them. Great customer service, for in-home appointments they are there when they say they will be, very few outages, etc. Compared to the horror stories I read on this board about TW, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

Two crappy cable company's merge to become one giant POS company. Out of the 17 cable company's twc and comcast rank 15 and 16 lol.

Last edited:
Can't be worse that TW, their phone help has become worse than clueless, 3 to 5 days to get a tech to the house when the phone reps can't figure it out, box needs rebooting weekly, ..... I could go on but you get the idea. Love a monopoly.

Can't be worse that TW, their phone help has become worse than clueless, 3 to 5 days to get a tech to the house when the phone reps can't figure it out, box needs rebooting weekly, ..... I could go on but you get the idea. Love a monopoly.
You don't use tburg for phone and internet ? Cheaper and they have high speed internet.

Comcast is already a 10-ton gorilla and would have several hurdles to clear before an acquisition would be realistic. IF (big if) this were to happen it's likely to be about 2 years out. That's an incredibly long time in the cable industry given the evolution of service delivery and end user technologies. Honestly I don't think this will have any substantial consumer impact.

My TW package has been great for over 10 years. Internet, cable and phone. Anytime I have needed any service, their tech people were top drawer. I suspect it's another case of local management of a business.

You don't use tburg for phone and internet ? Cheaper and they have high speed internet.
Tburg DSL is slower than slow, and Tburg phone is same price as TW but get charged extra for long distance, and it seems most is long distance for them. They also charge extra for caller ID. When I asked them about this was curtly informed that is how they do business.
Company is targeting larger commercial accounts. Their service was top notch but a few years ago there was a reorganization and it suffered.

Tburg DSL is slower than slow, and Tburg phone is same price as TW but get charged extra for long distance, and it seems most is long distance for them. They also charge extra for caller ID. When I asked them about this was curtly informed that is how they do business.
Company is targeting larger commercial accounts. Their service was top notch but a few years ago there was a reorganization and it suffered.
My internet is very fast. We also shopped around and felt they had cheaper prices.

Last edited:
I have TW and other than cost, I have no real issues. Their survice for me has been great. I was having a problem with my cable box and they were able to schedule a visit in a couple of days and did not require me staying home. They called me at work when I was next up on the schedule and I was able to get home. The tech discovered a problem in the box out side and fixed it (no charge). A month later the problem cropped up again and another tech showed up and inspected every one of my outlets, all 6 of them and discovered some grounding issues with a couple of the connections. He had to carefully point it out to me, it was so hard to see. "not readilly noticed by anybody who hasn't exoerienced the problem before" he said and I could understand that.
The tech told me that the issue with the cable box is the limited memory it has. If you do a lot of on-demand veiwing (like I do), the memory gets messed up and requires you to reboot the box to help erase the remnants of files. So it is more of a problem of the hardware they have, not the service. Considering the horror stories I've heard of the various local dish providers, I'll keep TW.

About once a year I call directv and tell them I deserve better for being a long time customer (like when they were giving the nfl ticket to first time customers) . They always help me out and give me free channels(got the nfl ticket for free last year). great company! Twc never did that, even with valid complaints.

Last edited:
I miss U-verse from when I lived in Florida. Fios and TW both blow but Comcast is even below them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have TW and other than cost, I have no real issues. Their survice for me has been great. I was having a problem with my cable box and they were able to schedule a visit in a couple of days and did not require me staying home. They called me at work when I was next up on the schedule and I was able to get home. The tech discovered a problem in the box out side and fixed it (no charge). A month later the problem cropped up again and another tech showed up and inspected every one of my outlets, all 6 of them and discovered some grounding issues with a couple of the connections. He had to carefully point it out to me, it was so hard to see. "not readilly noticed by anybody who hasn't exoerienced the problem before" he said and I could understand that.
The tech told me that the issue with the cable box is the limited memory it has. If you do a lot of on-demand veiwing (like I do), the memory gets messed up and requires you to reboot the box to help erase the remnants of files. So it is more of a problem of the hardware they have, not the service. Considering the horror stories I've heard of the various local dish providers, I'll keep TW.

My phone service here in Syracuse used to go out with TW about every other month. And the bills kept going up every couple months, not just annually, until it was crazy expensive. I switched to FIOS and the picture was clearer and the Internet much faster. Biggest beef with FIOS though is that they charge you $79 for a service call. That makes no sense to me. If I'm paying for your service and your service doesn't work, why are you charging ME to fix it? Their DVR boxes seem to break a lot, too, and you can't return them to a Verizon phone store, you have to mail them back to them, which is kind of a pain. But the quality of service is much better and has been much cheaper for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom