Kinda OT: New 30 for 30: "I hate Christian Laettner" | Syracusefan.com

Kinda OT: New 30 for 30: "I hate Christian Laettner"

Fear not, hating Christian Laettner is never off topic.

Wasn't it on a 30 for 30 Grant Hill got trashed by one of the guys from the Fab Five whose name I seriously don't remember at the moment? Either way, I hope this touches on some of the thuggery hate directed at Duke. I dislike Duke as much as the next guy, but these are human beings similar to us in some ways, and I think people can get a little overboard in the feelings they express toward players, and Duke has had an ample number over the years. Goodness, I've mentioned Hill being trashed and Laettner is in the title. Would anyone grin if I said Cherokee Parks? I don't care, I said his name because it made me grin for some reason I'm not even sure I understand/recall.

Oh, and maybe Kentucky fans will hate CL some more when they undoubtedly show that shot and Thomas Hill crying afterward. Wasn't he amongst those who UNLV would hate for ending the perfect season? Who knows, it could have some excellent moments as well as well as some more of what we've come to expect from ESPN. I'll guess the title will do it's job and spark interest in folks who don't watch every 30 for 30, and I'm guessing that would be a larger number of folks than those who do.

Geez, I hated Christian Laettner too, but respected the crap out of him and what he accomplished as a college basketball player.

. . .and I think people can get a little overboard in the feelings they express toward players, and Duke has had an ample number over the years.
Geez, I hated Christian Laettner too, but respected the crap out of him and what he accomplished as a college basketball player.
You guys might want to tune in when it airs. There is a more to it than that. Even Duke fans hate Laettner.

You guys might want to tune in when it airs. There is a more to it than that. Even Duke fans hate Laettner.

There was a documentary on those dynasty Duke teams that aired on TruTV a couple of years ago. They talk about how Hurley used to autograph the team posters over Laettner's face. Those two did not get along.

Duke uses flopping as a centerpiece of their defense. That's enough to hate every one of their players on a personal level haha

It is kind of hard to not respect what the guy accomplished in college. He's got a Walton/UCLA like resume in a time where competition was much different than the 1970's. Also I believe Duke teams with Laettner on them were 0-1 against Syracuse, so we have nothing to gripe about.

He had as good a college resume as anyone has ever had. 4 final fours, 3 championship games, 2 championships, 2 buzzer beaters in the tourney, a record of 21-2 in the tourney, and the most times stomping on an opponent without getting thrown out of a game (1).

I just hate espn now. I used to watch sportcenter growing up and its just awful now. Nothing other than live games are worth a second of my time on that network. The Big East 30 for 30 was ok...but very Hoya heavy. So sick of these 30 for 30s and the annoying-ass narrator voice in the commercials. " Imagine a time, when espn used to be about sports without an angle". ESPN is the MTV of sports now. Congrats idiots.