Kiper Early 2021 Big Board | Syracusefan.com

Kiper Early 2021 Big Board

I wonder if it's actually beneficial for college football players who hit to take a year off if corona wipes out the season. Wouldn't it behoove the NFL to get fresher players vs ones put through the grinder

Yeah in my post on talent it was pretty clear Cisco is a top 3 round NFL draft pick.
I don’t see any offense skill guys that high but our secondary has NFL talent.
Hopefully Jordan develops as his speed is exciting.

Have faith in Trill and Iffy for 2022.

Taj Harris has a real opportunity if he’s willing to buy into the coaches and work for it.

I wonder if it's actually beneficial for college football players who hit to take a year off if corona wipes out the season. Wouldn't it behoove the NFL to get fresher players vs ones put through the grinder
No

is there a high level of NFL safeties whose many attribute is that they usually can catch an INT when thrown too them, but dont cover or support the run that well?

is there a high level of NFL safeties whose many attribute is that they usually can catch an INT when thrown too them, but dont cover or support the run that well?
Marcus Peters is basically that at CB.

In a year like this, I think it depends on how "can't miss" they're considered. A guy like Jadeveon Clowney may have been able to get away with it because he was such a stud his first two years.

Considering 0 safeties went in the 1st round this year, I really love the absurd proclamations.

Cisco 1st round is far from absurd

Reactions: gbo
Cisco will be 1st rounder

I’d rephrase a bit. If a Safety goes in the first round, then it’ll be Cisco. He’ll be the first off the board.

Reactions: gbo
if he is gonna go that high he will be a dominate force for SU and that is great for the team.

Saw a mock draft the other day that had Cisco in the 1st. I don't think it's that crazy to think about...

None of the safeties this draft were the active leader in career interceptions. It’s easy to see why he’d go in the first based on productivity.

None of the safeties this draft were the active leader in career interceptions. It’s easy to see why he’d go in the first based on productivity.
Gerod Holliman had 14 and won the Thorpe at Louisville in 2014 and was the 239th pick of the draft. As long as he cleans up his angles and excels at all facets of defense then he's got a shot.

And all he need to do to be an All-American is catch those INT's. /rollingeyes
All-American lists and all other awards, most notably the Heisman, are not given to the best football players. They are given based off statistics. So your statement is true. And, as has been pointed out by many people on this board, he is not the best at cover skills and proper tackling angles. So Upperdeck's statement is true also...

NFL has begun to value safeties like running backs. No safety has gone in the first round in the last 2 years. It was a pretty weak S class in '19, but '20 was pretty solid at the top. As the NFL gets more aerial, CB's are the premium picks. Even a guy like Winfield, who was seen as a hybrid with the ability to play some nickel, couldn't get popped in the 1st.

But, I thought Alton was going to be a late 1st rounder at this time last year, so who knows?