Kirby smart | Syracusefan.com

Kirby smart

cusedog321

Walk On
I know I love our DC but another hot name out there, and he knows the ACC and he has been learning with the best.

I get the sense he's waiting for an sec job. Well see though

There is a reason he didn't enter his name in the Auburn sweepstakes ... he makes more as a DC at Bama than he would as HC at SU ... not the least bit realistic hire.

He would be phenomenal to hire but very unrealistic. I can see him waiting for Saban to bolt to the NFL and he being the next Alabama head coach, which might be much sooner than previously thought. He's essentially the head coach in waiting.

Read the article about him in the NYT from yesterday. He's not moving.

He's waiting for Mark Richt to stumble.

He's waiting for Mark Richt to stumble.

Richt has tripped and fell on his face multiple times and still has a job, very poor game day coach imo, especially with that talent.

Everyone remember the last guy that had no northeastern roots that came and coached Syracuse? Now think about that before naming more candidates.

Everyone remember the last guy that had no northeastern roots that came and coached Syracuse? Now think about that before naming more candidates.

Comparing Robinson to Kirby Smart is like as Charles Barkley once said ... comparing Snooky to Halle Berry LOL ..

Comparing Robinson to Kirby Smart is like as Charles Barkley once said ... comparing Snooky to Halle Berry LOL ..
Clearly not the same situation but I really don't like a guy with no idea how northeast college football coming to coach here. Especially when it will be used as a springboard.

Clearly not the same situation but I really don't like a guy with no idea how northeast college football coming to coach here. Especially when it will be used as a springboard.

I agree with you but Smart would bring enough "buzz" with him since you'd get the hottest name. Obviously he'd leave if certain jobs open which is anywhere from 1-4 years.

No chance it happens though. But you definitely make a push to interview him if possible, its good PR if you have him as one of the candidates and pick whoever over him. Him agreeing to interview would be a big win. No chance he takes the job though.

He's got ins with Florida GA and other southern recruiting areas. A defensive coach, who can find an OC. It would be huge if he was interested. Diaco I think is equivalent

When NE football wins an NC then I'll be all about NE football .. give me a guy that can open a southern pipeline ... it was starting to bear fruit under Marrone ... besides he can always get coordinators that manage the NE ... like an Anselmo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom