Kirkland | Syracusefan.com

Kirkland

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
Just me not being observant enough but I did not realize he was a Jr. eligibility wise. For some reason I only thought he was a So. Disappointed, I really enjoy watching him play as he's all over the place. A bit undersized, I'd like to see what he could do with some more time in an S&C program.

But, the JUCO LB's are starting to make sense now eligibility wise as a depth stop gap until this younger group is ready to run. Precursor's to the Washington transfer I suppose. They must have high hopes bc after next season we're currently looking at Oliver Vigille, Marquez Hodge, Alryk Perry and Hanz Leguerre, plus the incoming recruits.

Franklin, Bennett and Moskal are going to get at least ST run as true Frosh and one or more has to be in the rotation right? And I think we're definitely taking at least one more LB, right?

I would think it would be D. Davis and Cam as the OLB's next year with Luke at the Mike, with Kirkland, Hodge and Vigille and or one of the Frosh filling the two deep.

I haven't heard much about Perry but i believe he was more of a project right? he's got decent size at 6'1 220.

Didn't someone mention that they though Bullough would eventually go to a 3-4? I could be mistaken. Can't see it happening for at least another two years with the depth currently there.

Leguerre is a walk on, so I don't see him getting much run.

And every off-season, there seems to be a discussion of switching to a 3-4. We all watched the GTech game. How did that 3-4 defense work out?

3-4...4-3...Who cares. We don't ever seem to be in our base defense anyway.

Nothing to do with 3/4 vs. 4/3, it was used more as a reference to LB depth and how it shouldn't be considered by anyone based on depth for the forseeable future.

My point is after next season there will be a lot of fresh faces running the LB core, but that can be said about alot of position groups.

I don’t know the story on Perry but he was a kid who was under the radar. Small school kid. Was named honorable mention all-state though in a state the produces about 75 D1 kids.

Going into next year we have:

SR Davis
SR Lynch
SR Kirkland
SR Arcineaga (may have another year)
JR Vigille
SO Hodge
RFR Perry
FR Colton Moskal
FR Zaire Franklin
FR Paris Bennett

(plus we are still recruiting linebackers for this year)

We’ll likely recruit a couple of more next year to.

Lynch and Davis should be quite a duo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom