KJo a no show | Syracusefan.com

KJo a no show

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
he really struggles inside against physical teams. 1-8 and that was an ally-oop dunk. He is not good at finishing with contact. Pick it up Chris, we need you.

he really struggles inside against physical teams. 1-8 and that was an ally-oop dunk. He is not good at finishing with contact. Pick it up Chris, we need you.
Done

He had 12 points and 9 rebounds. I think he showed something

He really stepped it up in the second half. The first half was a head scratcher.

Played hard in the 2nd half. Now we need to fix Brandon. Yikes.

One rebound short of a double/double. Kris finished very strong.

Brandon does a lot of things that help this team which don't necessarily show on the stat sheet. Yes, he makes mistakes, but who doesn't.

Just a off shooting day for brandon. Sometimes alittle reality check is good.

Question is how many points do Dion and Brandon have to give us.

Melo does his part despite only 4 points today. KJO does his part, CJ his, Scoop his offensively. They have leveled off pretty well.

This team has me confused because you can't tell who should be taking more shots and drives. Maybe its matchups, maybe its about what defenders were up against, maybe its about who is playing well that night.
Its a great problem to have that many heads to go to. But, its a bad problem to not know who the scorers should be when we aren't shooting high 40's from the field.

Last 6 games since melo has been back from the field.
34 percent tonight 50 against rutgers, 34 against ville, 59 against uconn, 34 against gtown, 55 against St Johns.
How strange is that?
Thets not shoot 34 percent agianst Uconn on the road please.

Our three point shooting has leveled out to less then 15 attemps per game as well. Probably more like 12 attempts on average.

Just a off shooting day for brandon. Sometimes alittle reality check is good.

Off shooting night? I wish I could be that optimistic. Triche now 11/38 in the month of February. In other words, over the last 6 games, he is shooting 28.9%.

Brandon has been awesome when he utilizes all the floor.

IMO When he camps out at the three point line and trys to shoot, when he drives right down the middle of the lane its a different story. Sometimes it works others not. When he dribbles latterally more, hesitates off the dribble then goes, gets bodied in air on his floaters/layups using his strong body, rolls around screens, motions to the corner more, uses the baseline, and gets closer to KJO/ Fair without the ball I think hes a better player and makes our teamates better.

He alone won us the game at Cincy doing that. Don't understand why we haven't went to that again. It must have to do with Melo in the low post and CJ in the high or something.

This team rarely uses alot of player motion. I guess that helps our turnover ratio some though.

For the record I thought Dion was perfect tonight. 3-6. Six shots and 9 points can't argue there. Nice to see him not try to overdo it.

I thought Brandon was fine. He was making the right plays put the shots weren't going in. I liked his aggressiveness. I think KJo's stat line was misleading. Too many What plays and terrible defense as always.

Brandons layups were way off they hit backboard hit outside of the rim and bounced out. They weren't in the cylinder. A good layup/floater is in the cylinder and soft no matter how high it goes backboard or not. Good defense can make a layup/floater be thrown higher so it takes a bigger bounce and has a higher chance of bouncing out.

The spacing is generally terrible in the half court. All of our guards seem to like a crowd.

I thought Brandon was fine. He was making the right plays put the shots weren't going in. I liked his aggressiveness. I think KJo's stat line was misleading. Too many What plays and terrible defense as always.

I agree. Nine rebounds don't make it a positive night. He is fully back into "careen wildly into traffic and flip up a shot that has no hope of going in while praying for a foul call" mode. And he repeatedly failed to rotate back in transition defense. I was also disappointed to see him hold the ball at the end, ignoring open guys, only to get fouled and brick both.

KJO attacked the rim tough in the second half from the high post(not the three point line). I give him huge credit. A big reason we won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom