Knicks trade for Andrea Bargnani | Syracusefan.com

Knicks trade for Andrea Bargnani

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
I actually think this could work out well for the Knicks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

injury prone- defense is suspect and only a so so rebounder.. im ok with it if they can keep martin, prigioni, copeland, jr and sign aaron brooks.

I actually think this could work out well for the Knicks.

I don't think Bargnani is any good. He's a terrible rebounder and a bad defender. And I'm guessing he pushes Melo more to the 3 when he plays (or he plays the 5 and the interior defense is awful). And he's not even a super efficient scorer. And they threw away another first round pick.

It does get Novak's contract off the books for 2015; maybe that helps. It was like $4 million, so not a lot.

I don't think Bargnani is any good. He's a terrible rebounder and a bad defender. And I'm guessing he pushes Melo more to the 3 when he plays (or he plays the 5 and the interior defense is awful). And he's not even a super efficient scorer. And they threw away another first round pick.

It does get Novak's contract off the books for 2015; maybe that helps. It was like $4 million, so not a lot.
Bargnani is a guy that wants to float on the perimeter and shoot over people, which for the Knicks is perfect. Plus, I think he can play on a unit with Melo, and a unit with Stat and open up the floor with either. The Stat one won't stop anybody.

Bargnani is a guy that wants to float on the perimeter and shoot over people, which for the Knicks is perfect. Plus, I think he can play on a unit with Melo, and a unit with Stat and open up the floor with either. The Stat one won't stop anybody.

Yeah, someone on a Knicks blog, can't remember which one, suggested playing Bargs and Stat together. That would have to be a top 5 all time bad defensive front court.

I think Bargnani as a Knick, where he won't be the focal point of the offense, can settle in as a pretty efficient scorer. He's just a disaster on the other side of the ball.

Yeah, someone on a Knicks blog, can't remember which one, suggested playing Bargs and Stat together. That would have to be a top 5 all time bad defensive front court.

I think Bargnani as a Knick, where he won't be the focal point of the offense, can settle in as a pretty efficient scorer. He's just a disaster on the other side of the ball.

exactly i didnt think the knicks were having a major problem scoring as much as tyson couldnt stop everything or much of anything being banged up. We need less pressure on tyson to be a goalie not more...

Ujiri to Knicks: We need to get rid of barnani-he has a huge contract and everyone hates him here in Toronto. I'll do it for a 1st rounder.
Knicks to Ujiri: How about we also throw in 2 2nd round picks?
Ujiri: Deal

Yeah, Knicks were third offensivelylast year, and 18th defensively. So, of course you add a decent offensive player who is a sieve on D

Yeah, Knicks were third offensivelylast year, and 18th defensively. So, of course you add a decent offensive player who is a sieve on D

Maybe they don't think they're keeping JR?

Certainly possible, and drafting Hardaway might have given some indication in that direction as well.

Yeah, they've got to try to get better somehow. Bargnani's limited but he'll give them more than Camby and future 2nd rounders. Losing the 1st round pick sucks, but really, losing a random 1st rounder to get a former #1 pick makes sense to me.

i'm more worried about losing the first rounder than the players. (don't forget my boy Novak though!)

they j ust throw first rounders away though.

i'm more worried about losing the first rounder than the players. (don't forget my boy Novak though!)

they j ust throw first rounders away though.

It's basically a Yankees model applied to the NBA, yeah.

Yeah, they've got to try to get better somehow. Bargnani's limited but he'll give them more than Camby and future 2nd rounders. Losing the 1st round pick sucks, but really, losing a random 1st rounder to get a former #1 pick makes sense to me.
Bargs was probably going to get amnestied anyways, so no, giving up any draft picks makes no sense.

Bargs was probably going to get amnestied anyways, so no, giving up any draft picks makes no sense.

Assuming he gets amnestied, would the Knicks have been able to sign him outright though?

Assuming he gets amnestied, would the Knicks have been able to sign him outright though?

unless he got through waivers, no.

but I think the idea would be that if Toronto was willing to give him away for nothing, they probably didn't need to throw in a first rounder. (Denver can swap that pick with the Knicks anyway, so as long as one of them makes the playoff it won't be a lottery pick)