Knicks trading Chandler/Felton to the Mavs for... | Syracusefan.com

Knicks trading Chandler/Felton to the Mavs for...

Deano said:
Samuel Dalmbert, Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, and picks No. 34 and 51 in this years draft. I think it's a great trade for the Mavs. I know they regret letting Chandler leave after they won the Championship years back. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...tyson-chandler-raymond-felton-new-york-knicks

It's a great trade for both. Felton was awful last season and Chandler was injury prone. Knicks want picks and assets.

That's a better trade for the Knicks.

Calderon >>> Felton

In fact, one of the most underrated in the league IMO and perfect for a triangle that requires you to simply run the offense and be competent at hitting shots.

Great shooter who puts up good passing numbers. Chandler will be missed due to his defense and rebounding, but he's been banged up recently and the picks are more important for the future.

This is why Jackson is the best coach of all time (that and he had some decent talent around him :))

Calderon >>> Felton

In fact, one of the most underrated in the league IMO and perfect for a triangle that requires you to simply run the offense and be competent at hitting shots.

Great shooter who puts up good passing numbers. Chandler will be missed due to his defense and rebounding, but he's been banged up recently and the picks are more important for the future.

This is why Jackson is the best coach of all time (that and he had some decent talent around him :))

"the picks are more important for the future." ??
Second round picks, 34 and 51, and Pops isn't the one picking?

Calderon >>> Felton

I guess I must be missing something with Calderon because I'm not impressed with him. I thought Dallas was better when Devin Harris was on the floor. Calderon is a liability on D and was a spotty shooter from what I saw out of him.

Felton is AWFUL and while I like Tyson, I hope for his sake everyone on Dallas gets their flu shots.

As I type this Houston just traded Asik to the Pelicans. Ish just got real...

It's like Phil is trying to make Melo leave.
Aside from Melo and Tyson being boys, he should view this as a positive if he stays in NY. Team just got better and became way more flexible in their abilit to make moves going forward.

As I type this Houston just traded Asik to the Pelicans. Ish just got real...
That might be a sneaky good move by the Pelicans. Asik seems like the right kind of center to play alongside the Brow.

Aside from Melo and Tyson being boys, he should view this as a positive if he stays in NY. Team just got better and became way more flexible in their abilit to make moves going forward.
No one they got is any good or near the player Chandler is. If the Knicks want to win, they need to dump Smith. No team with JR can ever win.

NY media said they weren't close. Either way, Melo clearly isn't tied to friggin Tyson Chandler.

No one they got is any good or near the player Chandler is. If the Knicks want to win, they need to dump Smith. No team with JR can ever win.
You can't move JR, Amare, Bargs without assets. This trade got NY some.

This whole FA is up to Lebron rn. If he decides to go to Houston then the Rockets with trade Lin, sign and trade Harden and enter next season with Lebron-Melo-Howard plus a nice piece in Parsons.

If not, resume your regularly schedule once per hour rumors.

You can't move JR, Amare, Bargs without assets. This trade got NY some.

This whole FA is up to Lebron rn. If he decides to go to Houston then the Rockets with trade Lin, sign and trade Harden and enter next season with Lebron-Melo-Howard plus a nice piece in Parsons.

If not, resume your regularly schedule once per hour rumors.
LBJ is not going to Houston, unless NASA makes a play for him.

I guess I must be missing something with Calderon because I'm not impressed with him. I thought Dallas was better when Devin Harris was on the floor. Calderon is a liability on D and was a spotty shooter from what I saw out of him.

He's a 41% career 3pt shooter, which includes his early days when he was terrible at it. 47% overall, with close to 7 assists and 1 spg.

That's more than adequate, even if he is 32.

He's a 41% career 3pt shooter, which includes his early days when he was terrible at it. 47% overall, with close to 7 assists and 1 spg.

That's more than adequate, even if he is 32.

It's an upgrade at the PG position, that's for sure.

"the picks are more important for the future." ??
Second round picks, 34 and 51, and Pops isn't the one picking?

Pick 34 means 1st round talent without the guaranteed money. For a team looking for depth and cap flexibility, that's a valuable pick.

I believe Calderon led the league in 3 pt % and he also shot 48-49% overall. He is a deadly jumpshooter with a great assist/TO ratio. Poor defensively but is a huge upgrade. Chandler's been a turd for 2 years. I've watched nearly all the NY games and he has NO offense outside of dunking. His rebounding is either great or horrific and he is a swinging gate on defense. How he got DPOY is a mystery. Had to be on previous rep. I would not be surprise to see some of these guys flipped again for other players or picks.

NY media said they weren't close. Either way, Melo clearly isn't tied to friggin Tyson Chandler.
exactly. word is he probably told Phil last week to get rid of felton and chandler.

cross dallas off the Melo list.

Phil is going to trade STAT, i can feel it.

With all due respect you must not watch Knicks games like I do. Tyson Chandler can't score and he gets beat on defense all the time. He hasn't been the leader he was supposed to be sense he got here. He has turned into a bad player. Now he could come back, but he has sucked in NY. Trade him all day. If he's the best player, that's not saying much. He's not good lately. Just my opinion as a long time Knicks fan.

I hate JR Smith

This move didn't help for next year as it eats up 5 million of next year's cap. Phil took on future cap space for 2 2nd round picks. It was an okay trade if Chandler is healthy he is a good player and even if he isn't healthy he was an expiring contract which would help get FAs. Lebron isn't going to NY thus this trade will boil down who the NYK get at 34.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom