Know what this team could use... | Syracusefan.com

Know what this team could use...

DEVO! A little swagger, fearlessness and scoring. I've got no problem being the bad guys as long as it gives us some identity!

lol...i was going to say a guard that can shoot and is a bit more explosive/creative than our current crop. A change of pace guy - Devo would fit that bill perfectly.

DEVO! A little swagger, fearlessness and scoring. I've got no problem being the bad guys as long as it gives us some identity!

As Jack Nicholson would say, this team needs an enema.

Anyone paying attention would know that what this team needs is an inside scoring threat that can rebound.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I wanted to mention Devo when he got left out of the bring a player back thread. I mean, someone said Dave Siock :) We certainly could use someone with fire. Which of our starters do we see playing with any sort of fire? Which of our players period?

When I saw the thread title, the first thing that popped into my head was, "Boy could I go for a Genny now!". They way they've been playing, I'm guessing that's along the lines of how they would answer.

We need a legitimate 3rd guard and post presents, but since we are not getting either one of those this year we need to get our defense back on track! The zone is not adjusting to what offenses are doing right now, we are not forcing enough TOs and are giving up too many good looks!

Looking forward to next year:

CENTERS
Christmas
Keita
Coleman
Obokoh

FORWARDS
Fair
Grant
Gbinijie
Roberson
Johnson

GUARDS
Carter-Williams
Cooney
Ennis
Patterson

Who on that list won't actually be here, (or will be redshirted)?
Who among those that remain will make this team different than it is now?

Anyone paying attention would know that what this team needs is an inside scoring threat that can rebound.

Sent using my Commodore 64

My point was the team could use a player with some fire and emotion. Yes the team could use DC, Carmello, Rony etc... Any team could, my point is how about a little emotion on the court. Half these guys look like they are getting massages out there.

My point was the team could use a player with some fire and emotion. Yes the team could use DC, Carmello, Rony etc... Any team could, my point is how about a little emotion on the court. Half these guys look like they are getting massages out there.

They have had 20 offensive rebounds in consecutive games and had one unforced turnover in the whole game vs. Seton Hall. They've gotten off 38 more shots than opponents in the last two games. I think they are playing hard. It's all about finding the bottom of the net for this team.

We need a legitimate 3rd guard and post presents, but since we are not getting either one of those this year we need to get our defense back on track! The zone is not adjusting to what offenses are doing right now, we are not forcing enough TOs and are giving up too many good looks!

Agree. Basically what we're "missing" is what most of us thought/hoped Cooney and Coleman would be. Many of us bought into the practice reports and recruiting rankings and hoped based on their skill sets and strengths that they were ready to provide those things immediately. Some freshmen are ready, some aren't.

Unfortunately, they just aren't there yet. I think they will be good players here though.

They have had 20 offensive rebounds in consecutive games and had one unforced turnover in the whole game vs. Seton Hall. They've gotten off 38 more shots than opponents in the last two games. I think they are playing hard. It's all about finding the bottom of the net for this team.

This is why we need to reliable third guard most of all IMO. There are only 3-4 good big men in all of college basketball, but guard play is critical in every game! When you have 2 guards and one has a bad night you are in trouble. Don't get me wrong a dominate big man would be great, but in college ball the rules are make guard play much more critical than post play.

The biggest criticism I have of JB this year is only having three guards on scholarship! No excuse for that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom