Knowing the officials. | Syracusefan.com

Knowing the officials.

That Flagrant 1 on Bol was quite questionable too. Instead of being ball out, Duke possession, they get 2 FT's and the ball.
i think bojack just came across his face with the forearm. hard foul but incidental imo.

I posted right after the Bol foul call. Swider got two weak fouls that prevented him from playing defense, but the officials didn't cause this loss. I really thought we would get five phantom fouls called in the last two minutes if we were up at that point. I almost want something egregious to happen so eventually the NCAA has to step in.

The anti Syracuse officiating in the ACC is frustrating... Complete with a random non-call/suspension of a star player that might have occurred recently.

Death, taxes and Duke getting all of the calls. Hopefully that starts to change with K retiring, but I’m not really expecting it to change.

A few years ago there was a study that showed evidence of bias in college football referees towards protecting the big schools. I recognize that football and hoops have a different system for referees but I don't find it so crazy that the same effect might happen in basketball. I don't think anyone gets more home cooking that Kansas. At any rate, we used to be a conference big dog, now we're not. Better get used to it I guess.

What are the odds the ACC (refs) will do anything to get a Duke/NC rematch in the ACC championship game? 100%, 110%??

Everyone saw coach K on the officials the entire first half. The fact they were not helping him kept the game close. The officials seemed to make halftime adjustments to find ways to help without it being obvious. In a close game it doesn’t take a lot of calls to change the outcome . The Swider and JBA calls were enough obviously.

TonightJust before half Dukes Williams gave an elbow to his face along with a hard bump to a Miami player officials went to the monitor to say play on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom