Kris Joseph deserves the 15th Celtics roster spot | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph deserves the 15th Celtics roster spot

Do you think Kris Joseph will make the Celtics roster?

• Total voters

MeloYello

Walk On
Kris Joseph's high school coach Clinton Perrow, AAU coach Curtis Malone and Syracuse assistant coach Adrian Autry discuss the Syracuse product and Celtics second-round pick's chances in the NBA here.

Here's a few quotes from some candid interviews in the feature on Joseph:

“Me, personally, from what I heard and from talking to a lot of people, I didn’t think there were many guys as talented as him after the top 10,” said Malone, whose program also produced Jeff Green and Michael Beasley, among others. “Everybody was kind of the same. What you got at 28 you got at 52. It was one of those drafts. I thought he definitely could’ve been a first-rounder. If he makes the team, he’ll be a good player. They’ll like him.”

“I think he can go as high as he wants to go,” added Autry, who played alongside NBA draftees Billy Owens, Lawrence Moten and John Wallace as a point guard in the early 1990s for the Orange. “I’ll say this: I was reading something — and it might’ve been Doc Rivers — and he said, ‘He has first-round pick talent.’ And I agree. There’s not too many guys in that first round where he goes against them and it’s a huge difference. It’s not. It’s not. For whatever reason, he dropped to wherever he did.

I'm a Celtics fan, so obviously I'd love to see KJ make the squad / NBA.

I actually believe that him being a second round pick enhances the likelihood that he does. They have a lot of money tied up in their core nucleus. They need to fill out the rest of the roster with relatively inexpensive role players, and KJ's versatility makes him a good prospect to make the team.

This will likely be an Andy type situation. He's not going to get off the bench unless there are 2 injuries ahead of him, but it will be nice to travel with an NBA team for a year or so and hope to make your bones and earn your spot in practice every day going up against one of the all time greats in Paul Pierce.

I can't think of a better spot for him to go learn what it means to be a professional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom